The Association Career Hub is a career resource offered by the Association of Certified Professional Accountants (the Association) that provides tools and functionality to accounting and finance professionals.
Collection of Personal Data
In order to provide the services offered within the Association Career Hub Site and for the other purposes set out in Use of Information below, we collect and process personal data from users of the Site. We may collect information from you such as, but not limited to, your name and email address. Additionally, if you are a job seeker and you choose to upload your CV or resume to the Site, we will collect information contained in your CV or resume, such as information related to your career and education history as well as your professional qualifications, designations and memberships. If you are a recruiter, we may collect additional information from you, such as payment information and company information, in order to enter into a contract with you for our services.
You are not required to provide us with all of the Personal Data listed above, but if you do not do so, we may not be able to effectively provide you with all of the services offered within the Site.
See the “Use of Information” section below for details regarding the ways that we use and process your personal data.
Use of Information
Your Personal Data may be used in the following ways:
- To provide the Association Career Hub service(s) to you
- To enhance and improve the Association Career Hub services, for example, by performing internal research, analyzing user trends and measuring demographics and interests
- To process payments from you (including, but not limited to, payments from job recruiters for job postings and access to our CV/resume database)
- To process payments to you (e.g., refunds)
- Internal purposes, such as website and system administration or internal audits and reviews
- To provide access to restricted parts of the Site
- To communicate with you regarding products, services and job postings that may be of interest to you
- To respond to your requests and inquiries
- To serve relevant advertisements to you when you visit our sites or other third-party sites (including social media platforms)
- To request your participation in surveys, focus groups, or other initiatives which help us to gather information used to develop and enhance our products and services
- To comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or court order) or to carry out professional ethics/conduct investigations
- From time to time we may provide statistics about the usage levels of the Site and other related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include information which will allow you to be identified
- We may use the information you provide to us and which we obtain from other sources to better understand your interests, so we can try to predict what other products, services and information you might be most interested in. This practice is called “profiling”, which involves making automated decisions about you based on this information in order to better enable us to tailor our interactions with you to make them more relevant and interesting. You may object to such profiling at any time by contacting us (see Contact Information/User Rights below).
We will process your Personal Data for the purposes identified above on the following bases:
- Our legitimate interests, which include processing such Personal Data for the purposes of providing and enhancing the provision of our services, as well as advertising further services and information to you;
- Where such processing is necessary to perform our contract with you or to take steps before entering into our contract with you; and
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our contractual agreements.
Unless a longer retention period is required by applicable law, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active, as well as for a short additional period afterward to cover any outstanding issues or queries that may arise in relation to your account (for example, outstanding payments). This period of retention is subject to our review and alteration.
Sharing and Disclosure to Third Parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties from time to time under the following circumstances:
- You request or authorize the disclosure of your personal details to a third party. Please note, if you choose to upload your CV or resume to the Association Career Hub site, recruiters will be able to view your profile and attached CV or resume unless you select “No” under “Allow recruiters to see your profile and attached CV or resume” within your profile.
- You request or authorize the disclosure of your personal details to participate in the mentorship program as a mentor or mentee.
- The information is disclosed as permitted by applicable law(s) and/or in order to comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or court order).
- The information is provided to our agents, vendors or service providers who perform functions on our behalf. See below for additional details.
- Hosting providers for the secure storage and transmission of your data
- Identity management providers for authentication purposes
- Customer services and sales fulfillment providers for the handling of inquiries and sales support
- Database software providers for the management and tracking of your data
- Legal and compliance consultants, such as external counsel, external auditors, or tax consultants
- Advertising partners, including social media providers, for the delivery of targeted advertisements
- Marketing providers who send communications on our behalf regarding our products and services
- Payment solution providers for the secure processing of payments you provide to us
- Technology providers who assist in the development and management of our web properties
- Our volunteers or committee members who perform various functions on our behalf
- Survey and research providers who perform studies on our behalf
- Learning technology, online event and career service providers for the delivery and improvement of web events, learning programs and career assistance
Collection of Information Through Cookie Use
The following types of cookies may be used on our websites:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for our websites to work properly. They are usually only set in response to actions you take such as logging in or completing online forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of our sites will not function if these cookies are blocked.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enhance the functionality of our websites by storing your preferences (such as your preferred language or the region that you are in) and allow us to provide enhanced features on our sites such as videos. These cookies may be set by us or by third-party content that we have placed within our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, some of the features on our websites may not function properly and you may not receive a personalized experience when visiting our sites.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our sites. They help us to understand which pages are visited most frequently and how visitors interact with our sites. Any information collected by performance cookies is aggregated and therefore not identifiable. If you do not allow these cookies we will not receive data related to your visits to our sites.
- Third-Party Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners, such as Google or Adobe. They may be used by these companies to enable them to build a profile of your interests and show relevant advertisements on other sites. These cookies are based on identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience a decrease in the targeted advertisements that you see online.
If you opt in to use the “Remember me” feature on our websites, we will place a persistent cookie on your hard drive and you will not be required to log in for every session. By disabling cookies on your machine or clearing your browsing history you may deactivate the persistent cookie.
All major browsers allow you to block or delete cookies from your system. To learn more about your ability to manage your preferences related to cookies, please consult the privacy features within your browser.
Further information about cookies:
- How to control cookies in your browser on aboutcookies.org
- How to manage your preferences related to targeted advertising
We strive to provide you with relevant and useful information related to the Association Career Hub product(s), service(s) and any job postings which may be of interest to you. You can update your communication preferences at any time by updating your Marketing Preferences within your online account on the Site. Additionally, you can contact us using the information listed at the bottom of this policy to make changes to your communication preferences. Any promotional emails that we send will include a link at the bottom of the email to unsubscribe.
If you have opted in to receive text messages from us, you can opt-out at any time by responding with the word STOP. You will receive a confirmation text of your choice to opt-out.
Transfer of personal data internationally
By providing us with your personal data, you acknowledge and agree that we may from time to time transfer any of your personal data to any of our offices or to the offices of any of our affiliates, agents or appointed representatives located around the world. We have implemented appropriate safeguards for transfers of personal information originating from the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries located outside of the EEA. These safeguards include implementing standard data protection clauses which have been approved by the European Commission or (in relation to transfers from the European Union to the USA) transferring Personal Data to entities who have signed up to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. Please do not submit any personal data to us if you do not wish for your data to be transferred internationally.
Please also note that if you upload your CV or resume to the Site and allow recruiters to view your profile and attached CV or resume, some recruiters may be located in and/or have branches in various locations, which could be located outside of the EEA.
Security and Other
We use reasonable measures to strive to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Technology, such as but not limited to, Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secured Socket Layer (SSL), is used to enhance security and reduce risk of loss. Our security practices, processes or technology do not guarantee the absolute security of your information and you should take all normal personal precautions such as, but not limited to, not sharing passwords, closing browsers, and not using public networks (e.g., internet cafes, etc.).
Parents and Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Parents have the right to terminate the registration of a child under the age of 13 by contacting us using the information listed at the bottom of this policy.
Subject Access/User Rights
As a user, you are subject to the following rights:
- The right to be informed of the use of your Personal Data
- The right to access and/or to require the correction or erasure of your Personal Data
- The right to block and/or object to the processing of your Personal Data
- The right to not be subject to any decision based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data
- In limited circumstances, you may have the right to receive Personal Data in a format which may be transmitted to another entity.
You may seek to exercise any of these rights by updating your information online (where possible) or by sending a written request to our Data Protection Officer using the contact details listed below:
Jonathan Mabe, Data Protection Officer
Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
220 Leigh Farm Rd.
Durham, North Carolina 27707
You are encouraged to report any improvements, suggestions, or any suspected breaches of privacy or security to us by using the contact information listed below.
Association of International Certified Professional Accountants Contact Information:
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
American Institute of CPAs
Note: The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants proudly works in partnership with Wiley’s Online Recruitment Team to support all of your Job Board needs. For all inquiries related to the Job Board, please email us at email@example.com or if you prefer to talk with one of the teams call Americas +1 978 609 4215; Rest of world +44 (0) 1273 810850.