Bransby Horses is a large, progressive equine welfare charity, set in the beautiful Lincolnshire countryside, just outside the city of Lincoln. The charity was founded in 1968 by one man, Mr Peter Hunt and has grown over the years, now employing 185 employees, who share his legacy and the vision; a world where every horse has a life worth living. By joining us, you will have the opportunity to make a difference and see first-hand, the positive impact we have on the lives of horses, ponies, donkeys and mules.
We are currently looking for an experienced Accountant to join our team on a full-time permanent basis however part-time will also be considered.. The role involves preparing financial reports, reconciling balance sheets, and assisting with financial planning. The job is varied and involves working with budget holders and other teams to help them understand the monthly finance reports, costs, and variances. The Accountant will also help with the annual budget setting process and work on stock control management and reporting. Please refer to the job description for more information.The ideal candidate will;
- have a recognised accounts qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- have significant accounting experience from a previous similar role.
- be meticulous with excellent problem-solving skills
- be able to make sound decisions.
Having great communication skills are essential for the role as you will be expected to work and develop relationships with staff from all levels of the Charity. For the full person specification, please see the job description for this role and reference how you meet the criteria in your application.Employee benefits
Working in the third sector is incredibly rewarding and on top of that we offer an attractive benefits package to include:
- 30 days holiday, rising to 35 days with service
- An extra day off for your Birthday
- Buying leave and other salary sacrifice schemes
- Enhanced pension and sick pay scheme
- Employee discount
- Professional Subscriptions paid
- Employer Funded Health Cash Plan with BHSF
- Employee Assistance Programme and wellbeing support
- Inclusive and caring culture and community
- Ongoing training and support with for career development
- Flexible working considered including hybrid working after induction
37.5 hours per week (Part time hours considered)
Bransby, Lincoln (Hybrid considered after induction)Interview Date:
To be agreed
Bransby Horses welcomes diversity into its workforce andprovides an inclusive recruitment process that strongly encourages applicants from all walks of life. We reserve the right to close the advert early if sufficient interest is received. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment.All applicants will receive an outcome within reasonable timescales.We do notcurrently have a sponsor license for hiring outside of the UK.