ESKIMO FASHION KNITWEAR (PRIVATE) LTD. is a German owned, BOl approved enterprise and a premier supplier of sewn and knitted fashion accessories mainly to the European Market. Eskimo is in operation in Sri Lanka for more than three decades having its head office and the main factory in Negombo and sub factories at Pallekele and Punanai with employee strength of more than 1800. Our strength reflects in our rapid growth, globalization of trade and acceptance of us by our foreign customers as a high quality knitwear producer.
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts for the Board of Directors.
- Analyze and highlight variances, propose and action out remedies agreed on.
- Formulate budgets and engage in budgetary control activities.
- Supervise treasury management functions of the company by ensuring adequate banking facilities are available.
- Continuously monitor interest/exchange rates in order to optimize the interest cost and exchange exposure.
- Introduce and use of best practices in accounting controls and enable a compliant environment.
- Tax planning, preparation of returns, returns filing and coordinating tax related matters with the tax authorities and consultants.
- Liaising with auditors and finalizing annual audited accounts.
- Supervising the work handled by the subordinates and taking the responsibility for their work performed.
- Ensure all payment vouchers/invoices & journal entries, receipts are properly filed.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations and maintain proper schedules.
- Handle special assignments and management reports on request timely and accurately.
- Degree from a recognized university specialized in Accountancy / Finance.
- Full or Part qualification of ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA.
- Minimum 3 ears' experience in a similar role preferably in apparel industry and minimum 2 years' experience in reputed audit firm.
- Sound knowledge of SLFRSs and hand-on experience in preparing monthly financial reports to the management.
- Experience in using advanced options in Microsoft Excel and ERP systems.
- Good communication skills in English and local languages.
Candidates who reside in close proximity to Negombo are encouraged to apply.
If you find this opportunity attractive, please send your CV with the details of two non-related referees quoting the position applying for on the subject of the email within 7 days to firstname.lastname@example.org