Responsible for developing and maintaining systems and processes which ensure the effective and efficient processing of financial and non-financial data and to further extend the range of management tools and reports used to inform the business, the Systems Accountant will provide support to the Finance and Technical Teams ensuring effective operation and delivery of a high-quality service to the wider Group.
- Degree in commerce/business/accounting or IT
- Systems development and finance systems experience
- Broad experience and knowledge of accounting systems
- ERP system experience (Sage300)
- Day-to-day systems support and issue resolution
- Oversee, manage, review and challenge all appropriate financial and non-financial systems with the Technical Finance Manager, proactively looking for cross division opportunities for efficiency
- Configuration of proper systems access for the Group to optimise controls
- Manage/support project teams to implement new and update existing systems
- Test internal processes and procedures and document once approved
- Delivery of system training for finance and non-financial staff, covering aspects such as core transactional and ancillary processes (e.g. AP/AR, CRM etc.)
- Operation of core finance control processes on the systems
- Review the current systems/interfaces, forms and procedures and propose solutions to streamline and reduce manual intervention
- Support the Technical Finance Manager in ensuring that internal controls within the Group are fit for purpose and are enforced, measured and monitored and improved where applicable
- Collaborate with CFO and Financial Managers to design and develop both internal and external management reports to better inform the business
- Ensure integrity of supplier payment runs and make investigations as necessary.
- Maintain accurate records, filing and audit trail of activities undertaken.
- Liaise with external stakeholders where necessary including, but not limited to, internal and external auditors and system developers
- Provide additional and ad hoc financial support and analysis, as required.
- systems accountant