Accountant (Financial Accounting)
Location: Support Office: Finance
Posted on: 14 September 2023
Animates is New Zealand's leading pet care company with 44 pet specialty retail stores, 29 grooming salons, 18 veterinary clinics and growing! We put our clients, customers, and their pets at the heart of everything we do.
About the role:
This exciting opportunity will see you work closely with our Chief Financial Officer to deliver robust, effective, and efficient financial support to the business. Offering a wide variety of accounting responsibilities, including Financial Accounting and Management Accounting practices, no one day will be the same!
Utilising your strong stakeholder management skills, you will partner with our Area Managers and Support Office teams (particularly in Operations), to work collaboratively to meet company objectives, including monthly management reporting, assisting with financial planning, budgeting & forecasting, cost control and process improvements.
You will also work across Financial, Stat, IFRS16 (Leases) & Taxation reporting, supporting the treasury function with foreign exchange management, internal control, and policy & procedure enhancements, to ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and international financial reporting standards.
What you'll bring:
- Degree qualified, CA preferred.
- 3+ year's commercial experience, preferably in vet, retail or FMCG.
- Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience using Navision, a huge plus.
- Effective time management to deliver information to key deadlines.
- Ongoing learning and development to help you succeed in your role.
- Generous discounts at our retail stores and vet clinics.
- Flexible/ Hybrid working arrangements supported.
- Subsidised Gym memberships, and accredited Mental Health First Aider support.
- Animals in the office regularly - you can even bring your well-behaved pet to work!
- Easy access to public transport, motorways, free carparking, great cafes and local amenities from our Ellerslie Support Office.
Why you'll love Animates:
You'll join a fun and passionate team, who are dedicated to making the world a happier place through the love of pets. We offer a supportive company culture with managers dedicated to the health, safety, and wellbeing of their people and where everyone embodies the Animates Vet care values - passion, authentic, caring, knowledge and togetherness! We encourage you to bring your whole self to work and pride ourselves on being an inclusive Rainbow Tick Certified Employer.
This position is available at: