Equans is looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join our team in Newcastle upon Tyne on a permanent basis. This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive, negotiable salary and benefits package.
To work in a team of qualified and part qualified accountants to support the delivery of timely, robust, high-quality statutory and group reporting, ensuring that all processes are as efficient as possible, highlighting areas for improvement where relevant.
Opportunity to join a diverse, inclusive and dynamic team supporting the wider Equans’ business with reports, analysis and insights helping deliver the zero-carbon transition. The role offers opportunity for professional and personal development with experiences that will go hand-in-hand with your accountancy studies.
What will you deliver?/You will be expected to:
- Complete month end processes as defined in desk top procedures to pre agreed timetable.
- Deliver accurate and timely statutory and group financial reporting and other ad-hoc deliverables for the EQUANS UK Services and certain corporate entities;
- Review and process journals submitted from business partners
- Be focussed on developing insightful value-added management information which allows the business to deliver optimal performance.
- Instil a customer facing culture to enable the delivery of best in class services to all stakeholders.
- Work both independently and in a collaborative team environment to deliver business reporting requirements – to include statutory, Group and ad hoc reporting;
- Produce high quality statutory and group reporting deliverables;
- Have good technical knowledge of IFRS and its application within the EQUANS business referring to senior management for clarity if in doubt;
- Challenge existing ways of working and develop a continuous improvement culture; and
- Deliver best in class customer service to internal and external stakeholders/customers.
- Liaise with Tax, Treasury, Sector leads, internal and external auditors, Group consolidation department as appropriate;
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, for example evolve systems so there is less reliance on off system spreadsheets.
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes;
- 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover equivalent to 1 times annual salary
- Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- 2 corporate social responsibility days per year
Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
Attractive Employee Referral Rewards Scheme
Access to our growing employee networks including WiE (Women in Equans), RISE (BAME), LGBTQI+, Working Parents, YPN (Young Persons Network) and our Disability Network
24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
Required Qualification, Skills or Experience
- Ideal role for a recent accounting graduate or someone undertaking their professional qualification (ACCA or CIMA)
- Experience of complex business processes and tools for large data analysis;
- Good at managing relationships particularly with the business / customers;
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a pressurised reporting environment;
- Demonstrable experience of working in a team;
- Ability to deliver on tight reporting deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail essential;
- Excellent planning and administration skills;
- Well-developed communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of IFRS and FRS 101;
- Ability to proactively take on new work as and when required;
- Ability to credibly challenge at appropriate levels within the organisation.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
Who are we?
Equans is a world leader in energy services with nearly 100,000 employees working in more than 50 countries, with an annual turnover of over 17 billion euros.
In the UK & Ireland, Equans is a provider of technical, FM, regeneration and energy services – with specialist capabilities in smart buildings, green mobility, district & embedded energy and decentralised renewables.
Equans’ 13,500 UK & Ireland employees combine these activities to help businesses, public sector organisations and government to embrace the energy transition towards net zero, and also the digital & industrial transitions that are redesigning the way we move, work and live.
Equans is a Bouygues group company.
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to register, apply, and track your progress! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
At Equans we’re committed to delivering a culture where everyone’s voice is heard and supported. We know the value a diverse workforce creates, delivering better results for our people, customers, and stakeholders. Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do, should you join Equans you’ll find a welcoming and open workplace where you’re supported and encouraged to be your true self at work. You’ll also have access to our growing employee networks including WiE (Women in Equans), RISE (BAME), LGBTQI+, Working Parents, YPN (Young Professionals Network) and our Disability Network.
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a re-location package with this job role. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements.
The Equans Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to Equans Managers.