Due to an internal promotion an opportunity has arisen for a new Group Accountant to join the Restaurant Brands team in our Customer Service Centre here in Ellerslie. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller this role will ensure Group financial reports are prepared in a timely manner, consolidating information across all companies in the Group and maintaining accurate accounting records.What will you be doing?
What do we need from you?
- Work with the international finance teams to prepare Group financial reports, management accounts, and monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Maintaining consistency in management reporting across the regions including creating new reports in SAC (SAP Analytics Cloud) reporting tool
- Analytical review of financial statements and the consolidation of this information for Group annual reporting process
- Assist with publishing of all statutory reports and external reporting documentation
- Assist in taxation, internal audit and statutory reporting across all geographies where needed.
- Assist with the application of the Group treasury policy including monitoring debt levels and compliance with bank covenants and financial obligations under franchise and banking agreements
- Together with divisional finance teams prepare documentation for debt drawdown notices, payments of funding lines, interest, and swap rollovers
- Review Dividend Registry statements and bank reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with IFRS and NZ GAAP and Group accounting policies and procedures
- Preparing reports as required by the majority shareholder
What is in it for you?
- Finance or Accounting related degree
- Ideally CA Qualification
- Audit experience in a Big 4 accounting firm or financial accounting background in a large commercial organisation, preferably a publicly listed company
- Advanced Excel ability including writing macros, V look ups and pivot tables and the ability to extract, manipulate data into a meaningful presentation
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and interpretations thereon
- Up to date with latest accounting standards (IFRS16, IAS) and developments
- Experience with accounting systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle, other ERP systems)
- Sound understanding of tax principles (GST, FBT, PAYE)
- Highly competent user across Microsoft products
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A self-motivated and proactive team player, willing to go the extra mile when needed
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet reporting deadlines (monthly, half year and year end) to a high standard
- Free car park plus the Ellerslie train station is located only 2-minute walk away
- Support from an experienced Group Financial Controller and ongoing professional development
- The opportunity to grow your career within a well-recognised publicly listed company
- Discretionary annual bonus based on company performance
Restaurant Brands is a corporate franchisee and specialises in managing multi-site branded food retail chains. Restaurant Brands is listed on the New Zealand Stock Exchange and currently has over 261 stores across NZ, Australia and Hawaii for KFC, Pizza Hut, Carl's Jr and Taco Bell. We employ over 4,000 NZ staff and serve over 60,000 customers across NZ every day.
This is a great opportunity to take the next step in your accounting career with an internationally focused role in a NZX listed company.