My client is an iconic company; a large NZ company that has multiple brands which most New Zealanders would associate with. This is a company that is more complex than one first thinks which has also necessitated the need for this role. The Finance team needs another head to join the team to give the Group Financial Controller and her reports more capability and support in the team.The Role
The role of the Project Accountant reports into the Group Financial Controller but operates as a stand-alone where you will be partnering with various Department Heads across the business. The purpose of this role is to work across a large portfolio of project initiatives, which supports the new strategy of the organisation.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Business Partner with Project managers and stakeholders to develop project budgets, forecasts and cost estimates to present to the Portfolio Management Committee
- Analyse project financial data to identify any risks or opportunities and areas for cost optimisation
- Track project costs to budget and report thereon and make recommendations for any correction action
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports for projects, including P&L, B/S and cashflows and present to stakeholders, both financial and non-financial delivering key insights
- Report on WIP & progress on projects - ensuring all data is captured accurately to ensure project profitability can be reported on.
- Conduct financial analysis of project performance, including identifying trends, patterns and opportunities
- Collaborate with stakeholders and act as the financial advisor on projects within the business.
- Work to ensure fixed assets and system development projects are being capitalised in accordance with accounting standards and tax requirements.
- Undertake other duties and special projects as assigned by the Group Financial Controller.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for an Accounting professional who is strong on all aspects being forecasting, business partnering, financial modelling and understanding CAPEX and WIP.
There is a lot of variety in this role, so your breadth of experience is paramount.
You will need to come from an environment where there isn't always structure, where you have some levels of complexity and can cope with the complexity of this organisation.
To be successful in this role some keys will be;
- Your ability to business partner with Strategy and IT professionals
- An interest in technology, systems & processes
- Your ability to take responsibility and find solutions
- Advanced excel skills
- Exposure to working within successful projects
- Financial Modelling skills
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word
format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Ronil Singh or Kelsey Llewellyn in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.Job Reference No:
By clicking 'apply', you give your express consent that Robert Half may use your personal information to process your job application and to contact you from time to time for future employment opportunities. For further information on how Robert Half processes your personal information and how to access and correct your information, please read the Robert Half privacy notice: https://www.roberthalf.co.nz/privacy-statement. Please do not submit any sensitive personal data to us in your resume (such as government ID numbers, ethnicity, gender, religion, marital status or trade union membership) as we do not collect your sensitive personal data at this time.