To provide overview and analysis of COS and Gross Contributions Stats at division level, as well as assist with Sales related projects and complete ad-hoc feasibility projects for Financial Executive.Minimum requirements:
- Grade 12
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting (or equivalent)
- 5+ years' experience in a Management Accounting role
- Experience in a manufacturing environment essential
- Experience in automotive manufacturing environment advantageous
- Prepare and review details product costing analysis for all new parts
- Analysis all current parts and make recommendations for the financial recovery on distressed parts.
- Calculate and propose potential price increases
- Review GP percentage of individual BOM's and identify distress parts
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide indicative “what-if” costings and impact on profitability for: New Product Generation and Specification to existing products.
- Worked closely with technical team to ensure integrity of the control sheet.
- Worked closely with factory accountants to facilitate an understanding of and ensure that most current costs (both production and distribution) are used when calculating the profitability.
- Effectively communicate and present findings as well as recommendations to the commercial manager, business development manager, technical team and the rest of the cross functional team.
- Provide meaningful profitability information and recommend ways to optimise OEM profitability and project profitability for new business.
- Recover margin in underperforming categories by highlighting commercial impact (margin enhancement vs volume opportunity) and assisted in strategic decision making.
- Support the business development managers in the use of system tools regarding costing and profitability.
- Support Commercial manager in considering product rationalisation, mix comparisons and other business improvement opportunities.
- Challenge product enhancement opportunities.
- Attend customer and commercial meetings to provide insight to ongoing projects and commercial items.
- Create a platform within quarterly profitability review to evaluate the success of project post launch review, providing insight and learnings which can be taken into future launches.
- Develop suitable standard of commercial reports that will provide insight, stimulate further discussion, and assist in decision making across RFQ patch.
- Weekly tracking of costings done to create visibility of projects manage workload with project and customer team
- Provide Financial analysis and support to management and all operational areas of the business.
- Maintain and update accounting system (ERP: BPCS)
- Ensure compliance with internal control
- Participate in organisational strategy management from a financial management perspective.
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Cost Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Medical Aid Contribution
- Provident Fund Contribution
- Annual Bonuses