With a startup spirit and 115,000 curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world's biggest brands-and we have fun doing it. We dream in digital, dare in reality, and reinvent the ways companies work to make an impact far bigger than just our bottom line. We're harnessing the power of technology and humanity to create meaningful transformation that moves us forward in our pursuit of a world that works better for people. Now, we're calling upon the thinkers and doers, those with a natural curiosity and a hunger to keep learning, keep growing., People who thrive on fearlessly experimenting, seizing opportunities, and pushing boundaries to turn our vision into reality. And as you help us create a better world, we will help you build your own intellectual firepower. Welcome to the relentless pursuit of better.
Welcome to the relentless pursuit of better.
Inviting applications for the role of Accounts Receivable - Assistant Manager - English - On site Johannesburg
Manages the activities of credit approval and credit collection. Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures, and policies. Recommends credit limits and handles special credit arrangements and problem collection accounts. Oversees analysis of accounts receivable, aging of accounts to determine overdue accounts, and collection procedures. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operationally manage a team of Credit Controllers.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Manage and drive performance as per the set targets.
- Initiate process to improve collections and apply early preventions to prevent bad debts.
- Setting Targets and track collection for the team
- Setting and Review Key performance indicators
- Enhance processes by constantly seeking innovative improvements to improve performance of the team.
- Releasing of Sales Orders
- ITSM Calls for credit notes and FI inovices
- Posting AR Documents
- Perform month end activities
- Early detection, management and escalation of risk to mitigate and/or minimise potential losses
- Monthly debtors review with Regions
- Manage the company collections process to ensure that company funds are received when they are due
- Review collection reports to determine the status of collections and the amounts of outstanding balances.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users
Develop policies and procedures
- The AR Team Leader advises on the development of policies and procedures for credit application processes and the maintenance of credit for complex Dimension Data client accounts at a business unit level.
- They ensure the evaluation of the credit processing and approval processes and contribute to the incorporation of changes to ensure the financial stability of Dimension Data.
- They re-evaluate and improve on credit processes such as invoicing, follow up and query management.
- The Team Leader investigates and analyses risks on behalf of Dimension Data for major client accounts.
- They anticipate developments and identify accounts that will require special attention.
- They ensure that enough information is obtained to assess the credit worthiness of new and existing clients.
- The Team Leader is responsible for the payments of all creditors' accounts.
- They ensure that the cash received from payments are correctly allocated.
- They ensure the accuracy of payment clearing
- Responsible of releasing foreign funds
- The Team Leader deals with payment and all credit related queries received from internal and external clients. They ensure that progress and solutions regarding queries are communicated and implemented in a timely manner.
- The Team Leader ensures that overdue accounts are collected and ensures the clients are appropriately advised regarding their payment terms.
- The Team Leader prepares the necessary documentation for legal action.
- These individuals implement account reconciliation to creditor statements.
- The Team Leader maintains accurate team measurement and performance statistics and ensures the distribution of all credit related reports to the relevant forums.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of reports
- They also assist in producing Bad debt provision reports monthly and any other adhoc reporting
- As a team leader, they are responsible for the operational management of the team which includes creating and executing on plans and reporting on the team activities in the required forums.
- Ensure that individual and team performances meet or exceed set standards
- Encourage teams to work together in a spirit of collaboration and embrace continuous learning and idea sharing
- They take responsibility for the development and training of their team members and they set and measure performance targets.
- They ensure that the employees reporting to them are engaged, understand their career opportunities and are rewarded and remunerated according to their performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Methodical and organized
- Analytical, proactive and able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate
- Deadline driven
- Verbal reasoning
- Good problem- solving abilities
- Relevant Degree or Diploma
- Credit Management
- Working experience, in a similar role/environment is a plus
- Intermediate to Advance Excel skills
What can we offer?
- Attractive salary;
- Stable job offers - employment contract
- Work in a multicultural and diverse environment with employees from over 30 countries
- Genpact supports professional trainings and great career development opportunities
- Free access to our award-winning learning platform
- Benefits such as Medical Aid, Retirement and risk benefits
In case Genpact does not respond to your application within 30 days, please consider it was not successful for the current recruitment process for this role.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit www.genpact.com. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Furthermore, please do note that Genpact does not charge fees to process job applications and applicants are not required to pay to participate in our hiring process in any other way. Examples of such scams include purchasing a 'starter kit,' paying to apply, or purchasing equipment or training.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit www.genpact.com . Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.