Why join us?
- Working with us is a rewarding way to support your community, work with a great team, and develop your career.
- We do more than just pay you a salary too. We have awesome benefits to support you including 5 weeks annual leave, flexible working and training and development programmes
- We have fun, too, including through our team celebrations and active social club.
About the role
In this role you will be providing payroll and employee information analysis and processing for the People Operations Team by providing a coordinated approach to the maintenance, improvement and analysis of employee data. You will ensure that data is turned into relevant information and accurate reports to enable best practice people activities and payroll processing and inform the needs of the organisation. You will also be working partnership with the Payroll Manager to ensure the accurate and timely processing of our weekly and fortnightly pay cycles
- Manage and maintain oversight of all people data quality and integrity issues associated with the payroll system
- Ensure that data completeness, accuracy and confidence is monitored and reported upon
- Ensure the efficient, timely and accurate processing of the payroll in accordance with relevant legislative, contractual and policy requirements.
Your exceptional communication skills and organisational skills are a must. You'll have the ability to analyse complex issues and come to sound decisions. Your background will be complemented by your commitment to customer focused outcomes and ability to think laterally and problem solve.
- Experience in processing payroll for salaried and waged workers
- Previous experience with Payroll systems preferably iCHRIS
- Highly developed critical thinking and problem-solving skill
Palmerston North (or as we like to call it, Palmy) is a growing, innovative and exciting city. With small city benefits and big city ambition, Palmy has secured its place on the map as a creative and exciting city, with leading innovation and developments! We're proud to be a city that includes, supports, connects and uses the talents of the whole community in our pursuit to provide a connected and safe community. We're also a future-focused city who cares about enhancing our natural and built environment. Our future looks bright, it looks vibrant and progressive.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so if this sounds like the role for you, and you believe that you can add value to our People Operations team, please apply today!
Applications close: 11.00 pm, Tuesday 19 September 2023
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from all those suitably qualified for this position.
Please click here to download and view this additional information.