Job Title: SENIOR RESEARCHER – HEAD OF ACCOUNTING STANDARDS & FINANCIAL AND EXTRA-FINANCIAL REPORTING DOCTRINE AND PRACTICES
Location: Based in the London office.
EDHEC Infra & Private Assets Research Institute is a research centre of the EDHEC Business School. It was created in 2016 to spearhead new research in the asset pricing and credit risk of private infrastructure investments. Since then, it has also developed ground-breaking research in the area of climate risk and social acceptability measurements for private assets.
EDHEC Infra & Private Assets Research Institute is seeking a senior researcher in accounting standards and financial and extra-financial reporting to join a team working on private investments and develop and head up new research on Fair Value application conditions, risk disclosure and new standards on the materiality of ESG risks. This research will draw on unique and extensive financial and non-financial data on unlisted infrastructure and other private assets that EDHEC Infra & Private Assets has collected and created during the past five years.
This recruitment is part of the EDHEC research chair on the Valuation of Private Assets.
- Publishing original research papers in academic journals on the subject of Fair Value, Risk Disclosure, and the materiality of ESG risks in private investments.
- Producing regular research notes and position papers on policy- and investment-relevant topics in relation with Fair Value and the materiality of ESG risks in private investments.
- Contributing to responses to regulatory consultations by prudential and economic regulators.
- Strong knowledge of and extensive experience in accounting standards and financial and extra-financial reporting.
- Strong knowledge of investment practices (risk management, liability-driven investment) of pension plans and insurers and experience in the asset management industry.
- Proven track record of high-quality written work including published articles in the professional and mainstream press.
- Excellent oral presentation skills and a taste for pedagogy and educating market participants.
- Advanced degree in accounting (PhD not mandatory but would be considered an asset).
A work permit is necessary.
Attractive salary and bonus, healthcare, and pension plan coverage.
The salary will be determined according to EDHEC's pay scale, the candidate's qualifications, and experience.
To apply for this offer, please send a CV and a cover letter.
To know more about EDHECinfra: https://edhec.infrastructure.institute