Since 1997, Summerset Group has grown consistently to become one of New Zealand's largest and most respected operators in the retirement village and aged care sector. With 39 villages either complete or under construction, and a further 12 quality land sites across New Zealand and Australia, we have a strong platform for further growth. We are also proud of our dynamic work environment and equally diverse workforce.
Due to the growth of our business, we have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our Finance team on a full time 6-month fixed term basis. You will be a welcome addition to the Financial Accounting team based in our Wellington head office.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Maintenance and reconciliation of Fixed Asset Register including capitalisation of fixed assets as required.
- Preparation and processing of journals and accruals
- Assisting with new supplier set up processes
- Reconciliation and maintenance of supplier accounts
- Assisting with the preparation of subsidiary financial statements
- Assisting with other month end and project related activities
Who are we looking for?
- Tertiary degree in accounting or relevant practical experience
- Knowledge of NZ equivalents to International Financial Reporting Standards is an advantage
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel/Microsoft 365)
- Good attention to detail with a positive "can do" attitude
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with other members of the Finance team and wider business
What's in it for you?
You will be working with an enthusiastic and caring team that is fun to be part of. Our aim is to create a great employee experience, to collaborate to find ways to improve, and to support each other. We also offer a competitive salary and a range on benefits on offer including flexible working hours, professional development opportunities, wide range of supplier discounts, a day off on your birthday and much more!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.