Closing date: Monday 2nd October
Assessment centre: Thursday 23rd Nov & Tues 28th Nov
Start date: September 2024
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Location: Nottingham Support Office
About the role
Across Boots we have a large and diverse finance team who work alongside the business divisions, to make sure they all get the financial information they need to make strategic decisions to drive fantastic performance. They're fundamental to our business, providing insights and strategic financial advice to support our key decision-makers.
Your finance scheme starts with a 3 month store placement, to give you the opportunity to really understand our customers and business. Following this you will spend 3 years rotating around the WBA finance teams.
In the first year of the programme you will be based in our support office in Nottingham, working within the Boots finance function. Throughout the scheme, your placements could be within financial controls, financial planning & analysis and business partnering. You will gain experience working in some of our business units, which include, Beauty, Healthcare, General merch, Boots Boots Republic of Ireland, Boots Opticians and International.
You will be supported throughout your scheme to achieve a CIMA qualification, and there are many more development opportunities on top of this, thanks to the Finance YOUniversity, which offers many different courses, lunch & learns, inspirational talks and more!
What you'll need to have
• Must be on track or have achieved a 2:1 degree within the last 3 years
It would be great if you also had
• A passion for Finance and unlocking insight from data
• An ability to deliver to tight deadlines and manage a diverse workload
• First class stakeholder management skills, with the ability to communicate and influence individuals at all levels within the organisation
• An ability to cope with change in a fast-paced environment
• An ability to challenge processes / figures and deliver efficiencies
• An ability to work well as part of a team, and be able to build effective relationships across the business
• A drive for self-development and growth
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous employee discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better.
To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, our recruitment team will be in touch to invite you to an assessment centre and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.