An exciting opportunity has arisen in North Bristol for an Assistant Accountant. This is a permanent role and the business will provide study support.
Our client is a market leading business with an excellent reputation in its chosen field
The Assistant Accountant will have the following responsibilities;
- To assist in the preparation of the area management accounts, on a monthly basis, focusing on prepayments & accruals, variance analysis and commentary, and to participate in annual budget preparation. To train and support managers as appropriate.
- To liaise with Head Office to ensure the reconciliation of accounts, bank reconciliations and appointee's documentation. To raise and record invoices appropriate to the area, both client and sales ledger.
- To assist in/carry out financial internal audits and to provide other financial analysis. To assist the Management Accountant to compile budget information, forecasting and business planning information.
- To deputise for the Management Accountant (where appropriate) re supporting the Area Manager/Business Manager with service costings and purchaser negotiations/information requests.
- Responsible for supervising the work of the Finance Assistants.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role and will be studying towards a recognised accountancy qualification (AAT,CIMA,ACCA)
A salary of up to £26,000 is on offer to the Assistant Accountant role, as well as study support.