Commercial Finance Manager
The role involves providing financial insight and analysis for the clients' Specialist Group Business Units to ensure that key management information is of the highest quality. Interacting with a range of internal stakeholders, many at a senior level, the role will cover a variety of standard and ad hoc activities to ensure that Group Heads have relevant financial information on which to base business critcal desisions on.
The Client are an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists. They provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings. Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, they provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
- Ownership and preparation of monthly forecast information for each Group to be presented and finalised with Group head.
- Analysis of month end accounts vs forecasts to identify variances and understand root cause.
- Preparation of annual budget for each Group in conjunction with Group head.
- Analysis of financial project performance to identify poor performing projects and required actions.
- Provide sounding board for individual Group heads on ad hoc financial and commercial issues.
- Supporting Board member responsible for Specialist Groups in monthly meetings and on ad hoc initiatives.
- Line management of 3 staff responsible for the project admin and invoicing of all Specialist Group projects
- High level of numeracy and literacy with good attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to gain respect quickly for individuals at all levels.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Focus on continuous improvement to processes and underlying systems
- Experience of managing team
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel ability.
- Qualified accountant (or QBE with extensive relevant experience).
- Salary from £55,000 to £60,000
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friendly and dynamic team working environment
- Working closely with people at all levels of the organisation
- Opportunities for career progression