Financial Controller - Opportunity to join a rapidly growing family ran business in North Derbyshire
Your new company
A family-ran business operating in numerous different business sectors, growing consistently through acquisition and a clear vision for continued growth in the future. You will join a welcoming and family feel culture, and a talented leadership team with ambitious goals. To complement their growth plans the team are now looking to recruit an ambitious professional to join the team in the capacity of Financial Controller.
Your new role
As Financial Controller you will be responsible for the preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts, finalisation of annual statutory accounts along with assisting with the group consolidation and leading the annual audit.
You will support the management and operational team in business planning process and project management, as well as the IT department with the introduction and integration of financial packages.
Core responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Assist with preparation of group consolidation
- Finalise annual statutory accounts
- Lead annual statutory audit
- Supervision and training of trainee management accountants
- Interrogation of various software packages
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Reconciliation and submission of group quarterly VAT returns and monthly intrastat reporting
- Preparation of annual schedules for corporation tax computations
- Internal audit of current procedures and reporting areas for improvement
With the company in touch a strong position to continue the growth trajectory, this opportunity is not only exciting now but represents a great platform the develop your career in the long term.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be fully qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) and will have a strong background of academic achievement. You will have numerous years of industry experience, although they are flexible on industry. You must be a flexible and hard-working individual, and will possess the same drive for change and improvement as the business and its senior leadership team.
What you'll get in return
In return you will have you can expect a salary between £50,000 - £60,000, with annual bonus, sizeable pension, private healthcare and 25 days' holiday + stat.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.