Finance Business Partner
- MEGA Ltd.
- Auckland (Region) (NZ)
- Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jun 10, 2023
- Job Role
- Finance Business Partner
- Software & Technology
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Level of qualification
- CPA, Degree, CPA: Experienced
Location: Auckland, NZ
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
MEGA The Privacy Company provides global services from its Head Office in New Zealand. Built with Privacy by Design, MEGA provides a range of zero-knowledge encrypted cloud storage and communication solutions for individuals and businesses.
We launched in 2013 and have grown to an international team of more than 200 people who are motivated by next-generation technology and design, supporting over 280 million registered users on our desktop and mobile apps across all major platforms.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Finance Business Partner to liaise between our Finance department and Senior Leadership team, influencing strategic and operational decision-making by providing comprehensive advice regarding the performance of, and opportunities for, MEGA’s Finance function. You’ll partner with internal stakeholders and apply a robust analytical framework to facilitate growth through relevant, timely financial advice and reporting, focusing on operational performance, industry dynamics, macroeconomic trends, and the competitor landscape.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you’ll make your mark by:
- Analysing and advising on MEGA’s Finance function through relevant, actionable summaries and reports, ensuring that policies and procedures are appropriately integrated and aligned with business objectives
- Identifying and expanding upon opportunities for performance improvement by reviewing internal controls, market trends, and competitor activity, seeking to understand barriers to success and arrive at their solution
- Administering and expanding upon the reporting, accessibility, and understanding of financial data for internal stakeholders
- Partnering with business units and management to monitor, manage, and report on cost allocation and drive the budgeting process
- Aiding in the development of pricing strategies based on projected demand, competition, costs, and other factors
- Contributing to ad hoc financial projects as required as part of the overall finance function
You’re a self-directed ‘doer’ with thorough attention to detail and a broad financial skillset. With your excellent business acumen, you can understand business objectives and work effectively with other leaders to achieve them. You actively demonstrate MEGA’s values by taking ownership of your work and pursuing life-long learning.
You also have:
- Proven ability in financial management, reporting, and control at a high level, ideally with experience at major multinational or listed businesses
- A successful track record working in project-driven corporate environments, preferably in the IT space
- A commitment to continuous organisational improvement with the ability to act as an effective change agent, building and sustaining relationships in order to achieve positive results
- The ability to understand, interpret, and clearly communicate regulatory requirements as they relate to the finance function.
- A robust awareness of, and sensitivity to, changing methodology and theory with regard to financial management and control
- A strong financial accounting and reporting background, ideally including proficiency with ERP systems such as NetSuite
You’ll need to have at least a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related discipline, as well as Qualified Chartered Accountant status with CAANZ or a similar industry organisation.
What MEGA Offers
Along with a flexible working policy, a deliberate culture of internal development, and top-of-the-line tools, you will enjoy a competitive remuneration package.
This is a stable role within a secure but dynamic industry, providing the opportunity to work with passionate people at the forefront of their field.
With attentive leadership and an emphasis on innovation, you’ll grow alongside MEGA as we continue to cement our industry-leading position.
Headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand, MEGA (a recursive acronym: MEGA Encrypted Global Access) is a new kind of cloud storage company. We provide generous, reliable cloud storage and collaboration tools in an end-to-end encrypted environment to more than 270 million users in every region of the globe.
This is thanks to a clear, ambitious vision and the hard work of our brilliant team. If you want to change the world, and our users’ lives, for the better, and you think you’ve got what it takes – don’t hesitate. Reach out, and step into your future with MEGA today.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert