- Study Group
- Preston, Brighton, United Kingdom
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- Mar 20, 2023
- Job Role
- Financial Accountant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Brighton Head Office
Contract Type: Full Time – Fixed term until 31/12/2023
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for the integrity of the general ledger for the UK & EU ISCs business, this involves the management of general ledger entries (revenue, payroll, overheads & marketing), variance analysis, balance sheet reporting, reconciliation and controls.
- Maintenance of general ledgers including revenue and staff expenses postings, accruals, prepayments and other general ledger journals
- Liaise with the FP&A team to explain monthly variances to budget and YoY
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of coding of invoices, expenses and other items
- Ensure all payroll journals are correctly posted
- Responsible for accounting entries and reconciliations globally under IFRS16 and reconciliation back to IAS17
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet presentation journals
- Prepare schedules for the year-end audit and interim audit
- Reconcile and confirm group intercompany balances at year-end.
- Complete ONS surveys when appropriate.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, including unearned revenue, all payroll control accounts, accruals and prepayments. Ensure differences are identified and resolved
- Investigate Study Global and other systems-related issues as required
- Maintenance of the IFRS16 lease system, reconciliation between GL and Lease system.
- Approval of Payments on the HSBC banking system.
- Prepare a weekly cash flow forecast for GBP, EUR, SGD
- Prepare fixed asset capitalisations on Agresso fixed asset module, reconcile to general ledger and manage fixed asset Work In Progress accounts
- Liaison with auditors at interim and year-end audit
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA studier
- Preparation of general ledger journals
- Completion of complex and high-volume balance sheet reconciliations. Investigating and resolving reconciling items
- Ability to communicate effectively and convey technical information to non-finance audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Relationship management and customer service skills
- Good working knowledge of accountancy systems (Agresso and Study Global are a strong advantage)
- Intermediate-level Excel functions
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with over 50 universities around the world, offering over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Voted as 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class education to talented students from across the globe.
With a truly global outlook and offices all over the world, our international team uses its expertise, knowledge, and commitment to create opportunities and add value. We are determined to grow and innovate in our field, providing our students and partners with high-quality outcomes across the higher education space.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We adopt a rolling recruitment process meaning that we review applications as they are submitted. To avoid disappointment, please ensure that you apply asap.
Powered by JazzHR
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert