Manager Financial Reporting
Chichester OR Oxford, UK (Hybrid)
Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
We are looking for someone responsible for supporting the Senior Manager Financial Reporting (SMFR) in ensuring accurate accounting treatment, evaluating internal controls, and establishing efficient close processes for the EMEA region. An individual with great communication, coaching skills to include objective setting and performance reviews. Knowledge of accurate and up to date accounting policies under US GAAP
How you will make an impact:
- Support SMFR and be held accountable for the financial analysis and execution of the day to day, monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes. Management of CoE team of 2 direct reports.
- Support SMFR or work independently in partnering with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate/timely reporting of financial data, including required GAAP adjustments, Transfer Pricing accounting with Tax teams and other accounting support.
- Support implementation of new accounting standards as relevant, partnering closely with SMFR, Technical Accounting team and key stakeholders within local country finance teams to ensure alignment.
- Partner with the CoE Support Accountant and ASC in Noida to drive efficiencies and process standardization.
- Review and report on trial balance quarterly and annual variance analysis to ensure appropriate understanding of activity and identification of potential risks and opportunities. Ensure Balance Sheet reconciliation are completed on a timely basis by ASC teams.
- Participate in year end and quarterly audits by External Audit. Ad-hoc projects
- Drive process improvement initiatives for the team including analysis and identification of opportunities, implementation and monitoring post-implementation. Support and provide regular KPI and status updates to Senior Management
What we look for:
- Part Qualified accountant and actively studying or qualified by Experience showing appropriate experience for the role. Newly/Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA with a minimum 2-3 years in a finance environment.
- Minimum of 3 years Financial Accounting or Management Accounts experience in a commercial finance environment. Understanding of internal financial controls.
- Excel - intermediate level (e.g., pivot tables, lookups, power BI, some formulas) - Knowledge of accounting systems/ SAP
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and escalate or resolve issues appropriately with proven ability to meet financial deadlines. Attention to details is key.
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society's advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert