Junior Internal Auditor
- Tracker South Africa
- Randburg Randburg West Johannesburg, South Africa
- Closing date
- Mar 30, 2023
- Job Role
- Internal Auditor
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Listing reference: track_000981 Listing status: Online Apply by: 20 March 2023 Position summary Industry: IT & Internet Job category: Internal Auditing Location: Randburg Contract: Permanent Remuneration: Market Related EE position: Yes Introduction TRACKER requires the services of a Junior Internal Auditor in the Internal Audit Department at our Johannesburg Head Office. The successful candidate will be required to, under general direction, independently perform audits (full scope of financial, compliance, operational & IT audits) following the audit plan with the responsibility for audit planning, performance, documentation and reporting. The role ensures that audits are conducted in accordance with professional and laid down standards. TRACKER requires a self-starter with an outgoing personality and unwavering integrity who can communicate confidently on all levels. Please forward your application before the closing date. Job description
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Obtain a good understanding of the business processes, relevant policies and procedures and legislation and prepare audit objectives before undertaking each audit project.
- Execute, as part of a team or individually, audits as scoped in the audit brief by interviewing auditees, documenting systems, testing controls, and preparing working papers to support findings, the completed audit, and conclusions.
- Assist with identification of risk.
- Assist with compilation of audit programs.
- Testing of compliance with policies and procedures.
- Documenting of findings and draft report compilation, with risks, root causes, impact of risk (result) and recommendations.
- Prepare evidence based written and oral reports and other technical audit information.
- Follow-up on outstanding findings and implementation of recommendations to ensure that management has taken corrective action(s).
- Act always in accordance with the IPPF (International Professional Practices Framework) as mandated by the Institute of Internal Auditors South Africa (IIASA) and all other relevant legislation and best practice.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information gained during performance of internal auditing duties.
- Provide administrative support and assist in the development and maintenance of departmental documentation.
- Create and maintain authentic, timely and reliable records in relation to all duties completed.
- Ensuring adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression - proactively seeks relevant education and training opportunities.
- BCom Degree Accounting Sciences/ Internal Audit/ or other related (NQF7) or other finance related
- Related experience in Financial (accounting/ auditing), Technology
- Completed internal auditing articles is an advantage
- Microsoft Office competency and related auditing software proficiency
- 3 years relevant experience in internal audit or finance related experience
- Membership with the Institute of the Internal Auditors (IIASA) is an advantage
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert