Senior Manager, Accounting
- Accreditation Commission for Health Care
- Cary, North Carolina (US)
- $90,000-$100,000 annually + benefits + 10% bonus eligibility
- Closing date
- Apr 1, 2023
- Job Role
- Senior Manager
- Healthcare, Nonprofit
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Level of qualification
- CPA, Degree
Do you have a keen eye for detail and a passion for doing meaningful work? Come join ACHC’s rapidly growing business and award-winning culture as a pivotal player in the achievement of our continued financial success. We are currently looking for a Senior Manager, Accounting to manage ACHC’s Accounting team and its functions and activities, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all financial records and reports. This Senior Manager is responsible for the general ledger and sub-ledgers (e.g., AR/AP) maintenance and prepares and performs monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting and analysis. Additionally, the position requires effective leadership of the annual external audit and the annual budget processes.
The ideal candidate will bring a high-level of financial expertise to the role that will drive Accounting policy creation, process improvements, and the continued development of our internal controls. The Senior Manager, Accounting will also be expected to successfully allocate resources and workload in a manner that maximizes individual, team, and organizational achievement. A critical component of steering the Accounting department’s overarching strategy should be supporting team members in streamlining current practices and cross-training them to back up each other’s efforts in our super collaborative environment.
- Manage Accounting/Finance Team Members
- Manage the Accounting staff, in accordance with company policies, who are responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, budget preparation, and financial analysis.
- Establish annual goals and objectives for each direct report and manage performance to meet those objectives.
- Recruit and hire Accounting and financial staff; conduct performance evaluations.
- Coordinate training programs for new staff; identify training needs for current staff.
- Provide oversight and assist with daily Accounting functions
- Accounts Receivable: Customer maintenance, invoicing, cash application, collections, and process improvements.
- Accounts Payable: Vendor maintenance, invoice/expense reimbursement processing, payment runs, and process improvements
- General Ledger: Account maintenance, standard journal entries, month/year-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, reporting, and annual audits
- Complete general Accounting activities
- Fixed Assets: Record capital acquisitions appropriately, maintain a depreciation/amortization schedule, and record appropriate journal entries monthly to depreciate in accordance with generally-accepted Accounting principles.
- Deferred Income: Execute entries and maintain Accounting records relating to ACHC’s Deferred Income account.
- Transfer of Money: Ensure all transfers are appropriate authorized, performed timely, accurately recorded in the general ledger, and adequately documented.
- Month-End & Year-End Journal Entries: Oversee all standard and non-standard journal entries. This includes, but is not limited to, unearned revenue, depreciation, payroll, reserves, etc.
- Internal Policies: Establish internal controls and guidelines for Accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Annual Financial Audit: Serve as liaison between team and auditor. Assign items noted on the “Provided by Client” (PBC) list to appropriate team members (including self) and ensure items provided are complete and accurate. Coordinate with the auditor to determine cutoff dates for payables and receivables and review recommended adjustments with leadership before recording.
- Complete financial reporting and analysis functions
- Deliver monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Oversee assurance activity, including annual audits.
- Perform program or team-specific budget-to actual-variance analysis.
- Prepare and file all necessary federal, state, and local tax reports, e.g., income tax, sales and use tax, unrelated business income tax, gross receipts, franchise, etc.
- Prepare various financial reports for special projects to support grant requirements or for other special requirements and requests.
- Prepare various weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports according to established policies.
- Participate in ACHC QMS internal audit activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in Accounting required, Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration a plus; CPA or CMA preferred, including CPA Exam Candidates with Tuition Reimbursement options offered by ACHC.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Accounting or Finance, with 3+ years of related cross-functional supervisory experience required; prior Public Accounting experience a must.
- Sound knowledge of US GAAP.
- Prior Cost Accounting and cash/treasury management experience.
- Proven track record of being an effective change leader, driving results while also providing stability during periods of rapid business growth.
- Experience with computer systems along with proficient use of databases, spreadsheets, and other office programs.
- Experience with Sage Intacct and Concur preferred; working knowledge of payroll practices a plus, as is specific experience using Paychex.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
This position is office-based, located in Cary, NC. To be considered, qualified candidates should reply with a resume and also include desired salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At ACHC we aim to hire only the best. As a non-for-profit company with a rapidly growing base of influence within our markets, our philosophy is rooted in innovation, best-in-class customer service, integrity, and, quite simply, excellence. Our visionary market sensibility coupled with a workplace that has been recognized both locally and nationally as a Best Places to Work award recipient, ACHC provides a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package featuring 100% paid Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits for individuals. If you regard yourself as goal-oriented and you would like to be part of a fun-loving, committed team of professionals who each play a vital role in providing our customers with the industry’s best customer service experience, we would love to have you join us.
Accreditation Commission for Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for Senior Manager, Accounting
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert