- Purdue University
- West Lafayette, Indiana
- Closing date
- Mar 25, 2023
- Job Role
- Education & Training
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Finance, the University Controller directs, coordinates, and maintains the integrity of the accounting, tax, and treasury operations of a $3B institution of higher education and affiliated entities.
The individual in this role directs and oversees the operations of Accounting Services, Managerial Accounting (including Tax, Costing, and Global Accounting), Bursar's Office, and Treasury Operations, as well as consults and collaborates with senior leaders across the institution.
The Controller assures the University's understanding of, and compliance with, external requirements including but not limited to: financial reporting and governmental accounting standards; state and federal tax laws; federal cost accounting standards, allowability of costs, and effort reporting requirements; federal and state requirements surrounding truth in lending and information security; and compliance with banking and credit card standards.
Additionally, this role provides direction for the configuration and maintenance of enterprise information systems that support the business processes and is responsible for an operating budget exceeding $8 million and over 70 staff.
While the University Controller is expected to come to Purdue's West Lafayette Campus regularly and be able to come on short notice, some hybrid work is allowed.
What We're Looking For
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
• Ten (10) years of significant leadership experience successfully managing the accounting and financial transactions of a large and complex organization in a government or university setting
• Demonstrated leadership in utilizing business and management principles for strategic planning and resource allocation
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
• Knowledge of tax laws and regulations as well as laws and government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, etc. pertaining to financial transactions
• Knowledge of financial systems and automation
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to formulate and drive implementation of programs in alignment with the University's strategic goals
• Ten (10) years of experience with a background in international initiatives, sponsored research programs, and intercompany activities
• All new hires will be expected to followhttps://bit.ly/3DH3z6f%C2%A0
• To learn more abouthttps://www.purdue.edu/hr/Benefits/employeebenefits/benefits_enrollment/summaries.php
• Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
• A background check will be required for employment in this position
• FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
• Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions immediately
• Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3930177
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert