Lloyd’s is the world’s leading insurance and reinsurance marketplace. We share the collective intelligence and risk sharing expertise of the market’s brightest minds, working together for a braver world.
Our role is to inspire courage, so tomorrow’s progress isn’t limited by today’s risks.
Our shared values: we are brave; we are stronger together; we do the right thing; guide what we do and how we act. If you share our values and our passion to build a future that’s more sustainable, resilient and inclusive, you’ll find a home at Lloyd’s - build a braver future with us.
Lloyd’s Treasury and Investment Management team (LTIM) provide a variety of investment and treasury services to Lloyd's and is responsible for oversight of the Lloyd’s market investments.
Performance & Reporting: dedicated to investment performance analysis and reporting. Primary functions are to carry out portfolio valuations, performance measurement & attribution and investment reporting for all portfolios under management. Pillar 3 regulatory reporting for Solvency II investment data (both Lloyd’s and the market)
Risk: Primary functions include ownership of the Lloyd’s investment risk model (LIRM), and quantitative risk analytics. Oversight of the Lloyd’s Central Fund investment strategy and adherence to Board approved risk appetite metrics. Contribute to strategic asset allocation decisions for LTIM funds under management
Market Oversight: oversight of the Market investment strategies, asset allocations and investment governance. Ensure compliance with Investment Minimum Standards, and perform regular market reviews to promote best practice and adherence to the Prudent Person Principle.
Assist in the calculation of performance and reporting analytics for the portfolios managed by LTIM (both directly or held externally for the Central Fund)
- Assist in the production of portfolio and benchmark investment performance calculations on a monthly basis for Investment Managers and clients
- Assist in the production of portfolio performance attribution for inclusion within the client reporting packs, and for use by the Investment Managers in strategic decision making and for generating performance commentaries
- Assist in the preparation of reports to stakeholders including Committees and Boards, and annual and interim reporting
- Assist in the maintenance of portfolio analytical models and systems
- Assist in the reconciliation of performance figures with external sources and alternative internal estimates
- Support the development of high-quality management information and enhanced analytics
- Assist in the collation & production of investment data for the Pillar 3 reporting process and for use in investment models including the Lloyd’s Asset Database (LAD)
- Collaborate with and build strong relationships with Operations, Front Office and External Managers
- Knowledge of a broad range of investment asset classes and their application
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of MS Access advantageous
- A performance Analyst or portfolio analyst experience in an Asset Management environment preferred
- Experience of data manipulation and handling data sets preferred
- Problem solving/decision making skills
- Ability to apply judgment and quality sense checks
Diversity and inclusion are a focus for us - Lloyd’s aim is to build a diverse, inclusive environment that reflects the global markets we work in. One where everyone is treated with dignity and respect to achieve their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making workplace adjustments,?we offer regular health and wellbeing programmes, diversity and inclusion training, employee networks, mentoring and volunteering opportunities as well as investment into your professional development. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our website.
We understand that our work/life balance is important to us all and that a hybrid of working from the office and home can offer a great level of flexibility.? Flexible working forms part of a total reward approach which offers a host of other benefits over and above the standard offering (generous pension, healthcare, wellbeing etc).? These include financial support for training, education & development, a benefit allowance (to spend on our flexible benefits such as gym membership, dental insurance, extra holiday or to partake in our cycle to work scheme), employee recognition scheme and various employee discount schemes.