Join us on our journey.......
Fanatical about Finance? We are looking for a Financial Reporting Manager
to join our team on a fixed term 12 month contract (Maternity Cover starting March 2023
) Office based role in Tamworth. Monday - Friday08:30 17:00
At Instarmac we pride ourselves on our open communication. We have a thriving family culture and work ethos where everyone is valued and rewarded for what they do.
We are offering a competitive salary and the following benefits.
- 23 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Auto enrol workplace pension
- Free use of holiday homes in Tenerife, Padstow and St Ives (rules apply)
- An extensive Employee Portal suite to support health and wellbeing.
- Monthly Employee Engagement events and activities.
- Retainer bonus (9% of starting salary payable at the end of contract)
A specialist in the manufacture and distribution of cement and bitumen-based products to the world markets for over 40 years. Our prestigious awards, which include Great Place to Work and Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies, are in recognition of our strong leadership, outstanding employee engagement and benefits and excellent wellbeing initiatives.
Our company values Work Hard, Have Fun, Make a Difference
are what guide us, make us who we are and show what we stand for.How you will make the difference...
Supporting the Head of Finance, ensuring that business reporting is provided consistently, accurately and in a timely manner. Producingmonthly management accounts and annual statutory information within set deadlines with sufficient information to enable clear understanding. To ensure that the financial systems and controlsare robustand raise operational standards throughout the business.What you will be doing.....
What you will need....
- Carrying out Month-end close process: issuing timely and accurate financial statements, monthly management accounts and monthly sales and gross margin reports
- Delivering monthly profit & loss and balance sheet commentary including variance to budget
- Ensuring annual statutory reporting and audit information is prepared and completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Managing the annual audit process and tax compliance
- Developing robust financial controls, improving systems and processes
- Management of the annual budgeting process, including managing performance against budget, reporting on business performance and challenging key stakeholders on variances
- Management of procure to pay system
- Completion and submission of statutory returns
- Preparation of weekly/monthly KPIs
- Monitoring of debtors with credit control team
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports as required by the business
- Undertakes duties in accordance with all relevant management systems and controls
- Provide support and cover for monthly payroll.
- Professional accounting qualification with significant post-qualification experience
- Professionally qualified (ACA / ACCA /ACMA) with a strong academic record
- In-depth experience of managing budgets and financial controls
- Previous experience in corporate reporting
- Strong commercial acumen, integrity and credibility
- Experience of a product led organisation ideally within a standalone SME
- Advanced Microsoft office package (word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Disclosure Scotland Check (cost will be reimbursed)
- Ability to understand the sources of risk, and evaluate risks and methods for control and mitigation.
- Strong communicator skills with the ability to engage with colleagues at all levels. Excellent report writing skills
- A critical and methodical approach when problem solving.
- Consistentawareness of external and internal customer requirements for quality, efficiency and accuracy.
- Provides a timely and efficient service.
- A strong sense of responsibility and works proactively to find appropriate solutions, demonstrating initiative and resilience.
- Good understanding of business objectives, operations, market environment and ethical issues.
- Commercialawarenessand strong organisational skills.
If this sounds like you we'd love to hear from you!