Exciting opportunity to join our Cyber Underwriting Management team as the Head of Cyber Data Science and Analytics.
This role will lead a global team of Data Scientists and we are open for applications from the UK and the US.
We're looking for an individual passionate about identifying methods and models that will quantify risk across the specialty and cyber product lines. By doing so, this individual will keep the business aware of emerging risks and proactively work with the business to develop action plans due to potential exposure.
The ability to build relationships and collaborate with underwriting teams, senior leaderships and external regulatory bodies is critical. The right candidate will be a broad thinker, researcher, have good time and deadline management and the ability to challenge the thinking of our underwriters. Influence without authority, showcase deep expertise and utilize both internal and external resources appropriately.Job Title:
Head of Cyber Data Science & Analytics
Job Summary: To provide full-time and dedicated service to delivery of data-driven solutions for Cyber Risks Key
- Support the Global Head of Cyber Risks and Head of Underwriting Management, Cyber Risks to enable growth, improve profitability and increase efficiency across the global Cyber Risks portfolio
- Recruit, train, manage and coach data scientists reporting into the Cyber Data Science & Analytics team.
- Oversee the preparation of data reporting for underwriting and claims leadership teams
- Guide strategy and help develop, monitor and report on the effectiveness of cyber underwriting actions
- Define data required to properly analyse and model our cyber business and oversee the collection, storage, and retrieval of that data
- Regularly review market and claims environment with underwriters and claims managers to anticipate new data requirements
- Lead the work with external data science partners, internal actuaries, underwriting and other interested stakeholders to build accurate, informative, and trustworthy underwriting tools and models, including pricing tools
- Responsible for the design of models and model updates to inform underwriting action in Cyber Risks
- Have a holistic understanding of where Beazley writes cyber, our sales strategy, and our distribution channels
- Manage external data model relationships and support the evaluation of investments in cyber data reports and modelling
- Provide data to support changes to admitted rate filings
- Participate in vetting of potential cyber threat intelligence partners
- Oversee management of ongoing cyber threat intelligence relationships
- Responsible for maintaining insight into how our cyber products evolve with the market and anticipate required changes to data needs and modelling opportunities
- Ensure cyber data and data analytics continue to provide a competitive advantage
- Communicate challenges and issues to appropriate stakeholders in a timely fashion
- To provide support in executing Underwriting Management across Cyber Risks.
It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere Beazley's core values - Being Bold, Striving for Better, and Doing the Right Thing as they contribute to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers." We also expect Beazley employees to:
Who We Are
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct
- Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Culture & People or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Culture & People or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley's underwriting control standards, Beazley's claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups
Beazley is a specialist insurance company with over 30 years' experience helping people, communities and businesses to manage risk all around the world. Our mission is to provide beautifully designed insurance, innovating to give our clients the maximum benefit with minimum hassle.
Our products are wide ranging, from cyber & tech insurance to marine, healthcare, financial institutions and contingency; covering risks such as the weather, film production or protection from deadly weapons. Our Culture
We employ over 1,700 people globally, hosting a wonderful diversity of cultures, experiences and backgrounds. We are proud of our family-feel culture at Beazley that empowers our staff to work from when and where they want, in an adult environment that's big on collaboration, diversity of thought & personal accountability.
Our three core values inspire the way we work and how we treat our people & customers - 1) Be bold 2) Strive for better 3) Do the right thing. Upholding these values every day has enabled us to become an innovative and responsive organisation in touch with the changing world around us - our ambitious I&D & Sustainability targets are testament to this.
We encourage internal career progression at Beazley, giving you all the tools you need to drive your own career here, such as iLearn (our own learning & development platform), LinkedIn Learning, our mentorship program and external qualification sponsorship. As a Beazley employee, you also get access to our fantastic array of benefits which include commuting reimbursement, free in-office lunch, six months parental leave and a lifestyle allowance, amongst many others.
We are a flexible and innovative employer offering a friendly, collaborative, diverse and inclusive work environment. We actively encourage and expect applications from all backgrounds. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.