ROLE: Accounts Payable Clerk
HOURS: Mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.30pm
Employer of the Year 2022!
CV Library is one of the UK's most successful online job sites, and we work with thousands of the biggest names in recruitment, along with well-known corporate clients. We were also proudly voted Employer of the Year 2022 by the Thames Valley Awards.
Our Head Office is based in Fleet, Hampshire, with regional branches throughout the UK. We are currently in a phase of exceptional growth and performance, and we are now looking to aggressively build on that success.
We're looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join our dynamic finance team and help us shape and manage our organisation's Accounts Payable processes.
We're looking for that unique individual who has solid credentials and a strong track record working within a best-in-class Finance Team and who is an experienced practitioner in overseeing and driving top notch Accounts Payable processes.
If you're on the lookout for a new challenge, and the chance to bring your knowledge, skills, and experience into play where you can stand out and make a meaningful difference and contribution in a highly successful, rapidly evolving business, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
* Ensuring all invoices are authorised, coded, and entered into our accounts system (Sage)
* Preparing and processing weekly payment runs, including accurate reconciliations, and emailing remittance advices to suppliers
* Verifying, processing, and paying expense claims for employees
* Reconciling Creditors control account and supplier statements
* Reconciling and processing credit card statements monthly
* Responsible for petty cash administration and processing
* Checking and updating cashflows for all bank accounts
* Preparing appropriate reports on suppliers, payments, and costs
* Working with Procurement Officer (when required) to ensure smooth running of purchase order / requisition process
* Effectively managing and resolving queries raised by suppliers and internal stakeholders
* Maintaining efficient filing of paid invoices, bank/credit card statements and expenses
* Assisting in continuous improvement initiatives, including identifying manual and time-consuming blockages and designing and implementing automation and efficiency initiatives to enhance the AP function.
* Assisting the Finance Team with other ad hoc duties
* At least 1-2 years of experience working in a similar position
* Knowledge and experience of working with best in breed ERP systems (eg: Sage)
* Experience of dealing with multiple currency transactions (GBP, USD, Euro)
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Competent in Office 365 products (Excel, Word, SharePoint, Outlook). (Advanced Excel skills desirable)
* Highly organised and disciplined, with strong reporting acumen and analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Innovator and adept at adopting automation tools and techniques
* Have a flexible and adaptable nature
* Experienced and comfortable working across multiple teams with multiple individuals, overseeing and managing the expectations and demands between the Company and the vendors.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
* Good written and verbal communication skills, able to work independently at pace and across multiple departments and levels within the organisation, and to prioritise workload and deliver quality work within required deadlines
* 23 days annual leave, plus additional days for length of service and your birthday!
* Regular team incentives and social events, including annual Christmas and Summer parties
* Life Insurance and Company Pension
* Employee Assistance Programme (Mental Health & Well-being support)
* Great culture and work environment
* Staff Gift Shop
We are actively committed to promoting a fully diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for this role from all candidates who meet the key requirements.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you require any reasonable adjustments to assist with your application.
Due to the onsite requirement for this role, it would be most suitable for UK based candidates. All applicants must already hold the Right to Work in the UK