The Electoral Commission is the independent body which oversees elections and regulates political finance in the UK. We work to promote public confidence in the democratic process and ensure its integrity.
We are responsible for ensuring that political parties and campaigners in the UK comply with the laws in place to ensure transparency and free and fair elections.
Senior Regulatory Intelligence Officer - The Role:
We are recruiting for a Senior Regulatory Intelligence Officer to join our Monitoring team. This small team has a number of differing but equally important roles supporting and enhancing the work of other teams in the Regulation directorate.
Senior Regulatory Intelligence Officer - Key
- Monitoring campaigning and other activity by political parties and campaigners where it relates to the political finance regime, particularly around major electoral events when the team is also expanded
- Ensuring that our internal processes are effective so that our regulatory work is of high quality and conducted consistently
- Our liaison work with the police, in dealing with areas where our work and theirs overlaps
The Senior Regulatory Intelligence Officer role is focused on the first of those responsibilities. The workload is varied and becomes intense during major electoral events. It can involve dealing with politically sensitive matters.
Senior Regulatory Intelligence Officer - You:
- We are looking for a committed individual interested in UK politics and elections
- You will have a strong detailed-oriented approach to support the Monitoring Manager in identifying regulated entities' campaign activities and their compliance with PPERA in the run-up to UK elections
- Ideally you will have some experience of open-source information monitoring and analysis
- You do not need experience in the political finance regime but you will have the ability to learn quickly and excellent organisational skills, with a proven track record of delivering results against challenging timeframes and competing demands
We offer excellent terms and conditions, including flexible working hours and the opportunity to join the Civil Service pension (dependent on scheme rules).
We would like to continuously increase the diversity of our employees. Applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates are particularly welcomed.
The closing date for applications is Monday 16 January 2023 at 11:59pm. However, please do not wait to apply if you are interested as we reserve the right to close the application earlier, depending on number of applications.
We expect interviews to take place the week commencing 23 January 2023.
We may use video conferencing tools for the interviews. We will confirm details with shortlisted candidates.
Please apply for this role online with a supporting statement showing how you specifically meet the essential criteria in the person specification (attached).
To submit your application for this exciting Senior Regulatory Intelligence Officer opportunity, please click ‘Apply' now!