Ready to find the right role for you? Salary
: Competitiveplus Veolia benefits Hours
: 40 hours per week - Fixed term contract until July 2023
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone. It’s why we’re looking for someone who sees the world in a similar way to take up an exciting Senior Accountant role in our team in Cannock, Staffordshire on a fixed term contract basis until July 2023.
Because of our responsibility when it comes to leading change, resourcing takes every single one of us, and this is how you can play your part. And if you’re a qualified accountant that enjoys getting out and about to meet stakeholders, this role will suit you perfectly.
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking to overhaul the industry, or just do a good day’s work. We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment in small and big ways, and contribute towards our inclusive culture. What will you be doing?
This is a great opportunity for a qualified accountant to really expand their skills by working as part of a cross discipline team (financial and management accounting). The role and team is very visible within the business (dealing with senior stakeholders) and allows the individual to make their mark.
You will be responsible for aspects of financial and management accounting reporting processes that are undertaken at the Finance Shared Service Centre. This includes:
? Monthly Management Accounts
? Statutory Accounting
? Facilitation of Audits
? Group Reporting to Paris for Central Entities
In a cross-trained team, the role holder will be involved in the above areas to varying degrees. This role will be more focused on the Management Accounting aspects within the team and there will be some documenting of current processes required. The responsibilities include:
- getting hands on with the local audits and for preparing the Workday to Stats reconciliation file
- producing Vector packs and performing intercompany reconciliations
- reviewing Corporation Taxpacks
- business partnering and producing quality budgets/forecasts
- preparing monthly Management Accounts
- preparing Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- adhering to and completing a month end checklist
- preparing P&L and BS analytical reviews
- reconciling and posting the relevant journals for central provisions
- assisting with other ad hoc tasks in the team
- learning and documenting current processes
The role holder will be involved in all of the above to varying degrees. What are we looking for?
Our promise to you
- Fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant
- Good working knowledge of spreadsheets
- Comfortable with manipulating and reporting on large volumes of data efficiently
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with all levels of stakeholders
- Must be committed to delivering within set deadlines
- Must have an inquiring and analytical mind, and be able to demonstrate good attention to detail
Here at Veolia, we know that a genuinely good role goes both ways.
So alongside your salary or hourly pay, you’ll get 25 days of holiday alongside an extensive benefits package, which includes our market-leading pension and share scheme, alongside a range of employee discounts. Also to help you further, we provide mental health and financial support, so you can lean on us whenever you need to.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
Here at Veolia, we’re proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.