Job Reference: 1391
Junior Client Accountant Job
Our client is a leading Asset Management Business, and they are looking for a Junior Client Accountant to help their growing finance team in Nottingham. The Junior Client Accountant’s Responsibilities are:
Day to Day Property Accounting
- Assist in all financial matters affecting the properties.
- Prepare month end management accounts, including VAT, bank and control account reconciliations for review.
- Prepare balance reconciliations monthly, specifically the rent, service charge and direct recovery funds
- Prepare quarterly cash reconciliations
- Assist in Cashflow management for each property to ensure suppliers can be paid
- Prepare draft statutory accounts for estate management companies
- Raise income demands in accordance with internal timetables
- Actively seek improvements to the procedures within the department.
- Issues resolved or escalated on a timely basis
- Work with the wider finance team as appropriate
Supporting the Surveying and Site team
- Assist the production of the annual service charge budgets with the Property teams in accordance with RICS guidelines.
- Produce draft year end accounts and assist the audit to ensure service charge packs are issued on time
- Support the Property teams and surveyors including quarterly service charge reviews and mid year forecasts and ad- hoc queries.
- Provide financial support to new initiatives and commercial projects
- Attend occupier meetings where requested and assist with any client queries.
- Support with ad-hoc reports as required.
Supporting the Compliance team
- Approximately one day a week will be allocated to supporting the Compliance Manager with compliance administration
Review and Team management
- Helping the team achieve departmental targets and deadlines.
- Cover during any absences
- Assist with month end reviews including VAT, bank reconciliations and management reports
- Assist with managing the team priorities and workloads
- Guide other team members, and support with training and development
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as directed
Set up and Transitions
The Individual will:
- Assist with any new property set ups or transitions out of the portfolio
- Set-up new clients & properties on property management system and general ledger.
- Review accounts prior to handover
- Property Accounting experience, including RICS service charge
- Ability to communicate confidently with accountants and non-accountants.
- Comfortable taking on responsibility, whilst being effective working collaboratively.
- Quick learner, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent IT skills- Excel and Word and ideally TRAMPS or similar
- Ideally qualified, part qualified or studying Accountant
- Good negotiation skills
- Well presented
- Excellent communicational skill