Payments Analyst Bristol Office / Hybrid
(The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road, Bristol, BS13 8AE)Fixed Term Contractfull time 35 hoursSalary £22,000
+ Progression Opportunities + Training & Development + Award Winning Employee Share Plan + 25 Days Holiday + Excellent Working CultureWe give you a world of potential
We are looking for a meticulous individual with an interest in finance and eagerness to learn about large scale banking. If you have an interest in numbers and want the opportunity to delve into the world of finance this entry level role, is your starting point.
The Cash Management Operations and Control area manages the transfer of all monies both internally and externally to issuers, shareholders, participants, and all other 3rd parties. It is also responsible for the reconciliation of all clients held funds and assets.
This is an excellent opportunity to see what goes on behind the scenes of corporate banking and a step into the finance world.A role you will love
The Payments team within Cash Management Operations and Control(CMOC)is responsible for ensuring that all monies are processed promptly and accurately within published timeframes and that appropriate procedures have been complied with. The team utilises 18 separate banking platforms and can be responsible for both manual keyed instructions, or the authorisation of instructions received from other departments.
You will be involved with internal and external internet banking on a corporate scale - just like home internet banking; but think big! Computershare has 15 different banking partners, and you will play an integral part of checking payments-in, identifying abnormalities and be responsible for authorising payments. You will need excellent attention to detail and be able to switch tasks fluidly to cater to the needs of a busy and well-ordered team. This includes keying, authorising, checking, data entry and internet use, to name a few.What will you bring to the role?
You will bring a real passion for attention to detail and when you become experienced there will be more variety and opportunities.
Preferred Skills & ExperienceEssential
- Ensure all payment instructions have been completed and approved in accordance with internal and external banking requirements
- Identify and resolve all payment issues that arise, escalating any urgent issues to direct line manager
- Work with line manager to resolve outstanding issues in a timely manner, ensuring that the business area responsible has been fully appraised
- Meet standards and deadlines established by the direct line manager
- Adhere to published procedures whilst continuing to focus on process improvement efficiencies
- Work with other business areas within Computershare to understand and resolve issues that could lead to payment differences and failures
- Take ownership and be able to respond to queries on payments from within CMOC as well as other areas of the business
- Comply with operational risk, control policies, procedures, make sure any breaches to regulations are reported
- Innovative and self-motivated plus driven to succeed
- Able to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritise and work well under deadline pressure
- Strong verbal and communication skills, strong analytical skills
- High degree of numeracy and accuracy with data entry experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
A company to be proud of
- Finance/Banking Experience or Knowledge of payment processing
- Experience of successfully working within a role which is highly numeric or technical
- Knowledge of the products and services provided by Computershare
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
Computershare (ASX:CPU) is a world leader in financial administration with over 14,000 employees across 21 different countries delivering expertise to over 40,000 clients.At Computershare, its more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of the world of opportunities we have available. With infinite possibilities, we could take you anywhere. #worldofpotentialRewards designed for youEmployee Share Plan.
Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and youll increase your investment when you receivea generous company contribution towards additional shares.Health and Wellbeing.
Ourhealth and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.Save for Your Future.
We will support you along your retirement savings journey.Paid time away from work.
Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.Employee Discounts.
Weve partnered with other organisations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation, and days out as well as with many big brand shops.Extra Rewards.
From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.Compensation.
Competitive salaryA diverse and inclusive place to work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of ourpeople,and we welcome applications from everyone.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected, and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
We are happy to accommodate individual needs during your applicationjourney. If you require disability accommodations or adjustments, please tell us on your application detailing your requirements.
Computershare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law. All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including Identification, Passport Validation, Finance, Qualification, Employment / Personal referencing, and Criminal Record Basic Disclosure checks.
Computershare Investor Services PLC is registered in England and Wales No 3498808 and the registered office address is: The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road, Bristol, BS13 8AE.