Central London (hybrid working)
The Role: This opportunity is working for a upcoming and financially successful PE backed Food business with a brilliant brand in the sector and a very exciting strategy for the future. As a crucial member of the finance team, reporting into the CFO. The Financial Controller will be responsible for leading the team and implement the business commercial finance strategy, ensuring that the business has highly effective finance processes, controls and reporting procedures, which in turn will drive efficiency and excellence, resulting in business delivering a world-class finance function. You will be required to manage corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts, internal control and the day to day running of the finance function. This role comes with a very competitive salary, benefits, and a generous bonus scheme.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Finance business partner to all other areas of the business to closely support them in the execution of their targets and objectives, including the commercial team and the supply chain team
- Manage Month End and Year End accounting process delivering reports in an accurate and timely manner that are insightful to drive effective decisions
- Accountable for the cash position of the business, including forecasts
- Support the CFO to ensure that the business has appropriate funding for the future
- Share accountability with the Head of Supply Chain to manage inventory levels to avoid being out of stock and never over stocked across all revenue channels and inventory locations
- Finance lead for digitising the companies supply chain processes, including setting up our own E-Commerce platform
- Ensure acceptable services levels are maintained for both internal and external customers and workloads are being effectively managed
- Accountable for building and maintaining relationships with the bankers; auditors; and tax advisors
- Coach individuals and teams to success, ensuring culture and values are regularly communicated and protected
- Ensure that the departments’ current and future talent needs are met and that critical skills as well as career paths and succession plans are in place
- Work with the senior leadership team to communicate the organisational vision and ensure that staff members understand how their daily tasks feed into the attainment of the vision
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified professional with a minimum of four years post qualified experience
- Previous experience in Food/Retail/FMCG desirable
- An excellent communicator with the ability to tell a story and go beyond the analysis
- Previous financial controller/head of finance experience required
- In-depth knowledge of international product supply chains, including imported inventory
- Previous experience of being accountable for the delivery of consolidated group management accounts
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting
Wayman Finance is a specialist recruitment agency with over 20 years’ experience within the Finance field. We’ve worked hard to establish our reputation with our clients as one of the most reliable Finance and Accounting agencies in London through our core values of honesty and customer excellence.
To be considered for this Financial Controller position please forward a CV as soon as possible.