We are looking for an Associate Director or Director to join our Pensions and Covenant team. This a great opportunity to be part of a small national team within the wider Transactions Restructuring Advisory) team. The successful candidate will advise Trustees and sponsors of UK defined benefit pension schemes as to the strength of the sponsor (the covenant strength) to support the pension scheme.
We can offer a great salary and benefits package and be flexible on location. This is a small niche team which operates at a national level and for clients across the UK. Much of the work will be home/office based, however the successful candidate may be required to travel anywhere in the UK to undertake advisory assignments/attend client meetings.
Responsibilities will include:
- You will be involved in managing a portfolio of clients, ensuring both excellent client service and making a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of the service line.
- Running and undertaking assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and relevant compliance.
- Planning assignments in conjunction with the assignment partner.
- Briefing more junior staff on the assignment and supervising/controlling the completion of work.
- Liaising with client and sponsor management as necessary to complete the assignment.
- Ensure that the job is completed within budget, and to discuss any materials points arising with the assignment partner immediately, particularly in relation to any anticipated overruns, or significant changes in likely outcome.
Personal and professional qualities
It is our people that makes RSM what it is, and our commitment to people is paramount to our success. We have a culture of transparency, and we remain people focussed and care about your professional and personal development. The team will support your training to be successful in this position; you will:
- Fully Qualified - ACA/ACCA and experienced in covenant advisory work.
- Have previous experience operating at Associate Director or Director level in a similar role is required.
- Experience of building on any existing relationships and developing work generating relationships with introducers across the pensions sector - independent trustees, lawyers, actuaries.
- To be able to perform an active role in various advisory assignments, reporting to service line partners. This will require an individual with very good quality technical, analytical, and report writing abilities as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience within a leadership role that involves managing a team, projects, clients and senior stakeholders.
Our full job description and person specification can be found on our careers site.