SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company. Job DescriptionJob Title:
Central Billing Manager Job Type:
37.5 per week - Office BasedJob Location:
Negotiable Benefits / perks:
10% annual bonus (discretionary and subject to eligibility criteria), Car allowance , Private Medical Cover, 4-8% matching company pension contributions, 4x Life Assurance, Electric Vehicle Leasing Scheme, 24 days Annual Leave (increasing with service) plus bank holidays, Birthday Leave Scheme, Enhanced maternity/paternity and adoption pay, Length of Service Awards, Health & Wellbeing initiatives, Christmas Vouchers.The main purpose of the role...
You will be responsible for leading and coordinating the Order to Bill (O2B) activities, including streamlining the O2B process within standard policies and best practices in line with SGS customer and contract requirements. Responding to internal and external customer issues and initiate resolutions in line with finance and business procedures.
You will also Facilitate the development of reporting analysis and dashboards, enhancing process controls and systems, pricing strategies, training, and internal contexts.Key Accountabilities...
- Work with country, businesses, and functions to develop improvement opportunities that can increase the profitability of the SGS Group.
- Develop and support the implementation of O2B initiatives across the country and businesses.
- Develop and sustain awareness with proper communication to internal stakeholders and act as business partner to improve O2B processes.
- Maintain regular contacts with country management (businesses and functions) to increase awareness for O2B initiatives.
- Support the implementation of Group initiatives and monitors progress on O2B key performance indicators (KPIs) (pricing strategy, discounts and rebates, pricelist management, CPI adjustments, price increases and invoicing process).
- Ensure completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines including tracking milestones.
- Coordinate the billing team and meet company deadlines and KPIs.
- Ensure that the required levels of Internal Controls are in place throughout the billing process.
- Collaborates and communicates with business managers and other key stakeholders (such as IT) of the process.
- Point of contact for any internal/external billing audits.
- Drive and monitor the implementation of the O2B Golden Rules to control and optimize the UR/WIP levels.
- Maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the billing process, in compliance with the Global End to End Order-to-Cash (O2C) process and Finance Transformation initiatives.
- Report and escalate any deviation or gaps in the process.
- Design and implement the appropriate training to support processes and businesses.
- Reconciliation with the business of the billable items to invoicing.
- Review and monitor credit notes and route cause prepared for internal approvals to minimize the revenue impact.
- Prepare and complete invoicing for complex clients.
- Create an environment that facilitates open communication with team members and acts in a professional and courteous manner when interacting with the team and other departments (business partnering).
- Monitor and balance the teams daily workflow processes ensuring the departments efficiency and effectiveness.
- Significant Finance Analysis experience.
- Experience in indirect tax transactions (VAT, withholding tax).
- Experience of managing people
- Knowledge of in-country and international sales invoicing requirements.
- Experience in Oracle (OM, AR and GL).
- Financial background (studies, diploma).
- Full driving licence for use in the UK and ability to travel (Passport) as the role may require UK and overseas travel.
- Educated to degree level in Finance/Accounting.