Are you a data whizz?
Perhaps has a secret love for MS Excel and things like pivot tables and V-lookups?
Unsure of your next career move and not quite sure of your next move? We could be the perfect role for you.
We have exciting opportunities within our VAT Team, where we are looking for driven and passionate individuals who are keen to develop and progress with an organisation focusing on you and your potential!
The Finance and Accounting stream of NHS Shared Business Services is dedicated to delivering billions (yes billions) of pounds worth of savings back to the NHS each year. The specialist NHS VAT service plays a huge part in this, adding real value. Continuously aspiring to be the best we can be and with constant cost pressures facing the NHS, this team provide a robust VAT strategy which plays a significant role. With more than proven ability, a tailored NHS system and specialist team, we have the experience the NHS can trust.
Full Training is provided, and you do not need to have a financial background! The team is well established and are passionate about building an environment where everyone is supported.
What you will be doing:
* As part of the VAT team, you will assist in compiling information to support the recovery of approx. £1.4bn a year for NHS organisations, working with colleagues and customers to deliver monthly VAT returns.
* Working with the team to deliver VAT returns to meet client expectations and service delivery
* Support the VAT team with Journal uploads and posting the journals into the Finance system
* Reviewing and sending client VAT Returns
* Responding to customer queries in a timely manner.
* Keeping up to date with current HMRC regulations.
What you will bring:
* Passion for data analysis
* Experience of analysing large and complex data sets.
* Advanced user of MS Excel (able to work with v-lookups and pivot tables)
* Confident communication skills and the ability to work with key partners and clients are all levels.
It would be great if you had:
* Experience working in a customer facing role
* NHS/Finance Experience
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Internal Recruiter: Chloe
£23,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about our company?
This year we have been ranked in the top 40 large companies to work for in the UK and our unique partnership between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria means that we are market leaders in corporate service delivery with around 40% of the NHS using one or more of our products. With unrivalled knowledge and experience, we provide high-quality, value-for-money finance, procurement and employment services to the NHS, helping them overcome any challenges they face in the back office.
Our vision is to help the NHS save money and enhance quality, providing a real-life impact where the changes we make can improve health, innovate to save lives, and deliver better outcomes