The focus of this role is to manage a team of finance staff in building partnerships with senior management stakeholders across the university on a cross-section of financial, accounting activities and projects. The aim is to drive impact and understanding of financial reporting on business performance and analysis, enabling a link to financial data to inform business strategies.
• Build and lead relationships with budget holders and stakeholders
• Lead, challenge and manage the budgeting monitoring, forecasting and financial planning • Lead, manage, delegate and develop a Business partnering team.
• Interpretation and analysis of data to inform income projections, financial budgets, forecasting and reporting
• Provide insightful analysis (written/oral)
• Developing and maintaining relevant and appropriate financial management information on both a regular and ad-hoc basis
• Supporting strategic and tactical projects and proposals as appropriate
• Guidance in income and cost impact provisions to budget holders
• Financial systems management
• Advice and support in revenue generation from awarding bodies, public funds and bids, contracts and tenders
• Review of legal documentation for financial provisions
• Invoice and income monitoring
• Drive continuous improvement in the provision of financial planning, control and administration
• Consolidating various sources of financial information and providing commentary
• Work with the respective Unit Accountants and/or Senior Finance Business Partners and deputise as required
• Extensive accounting experience and must be a qualified CCAB/CIMA Accountant
• Track record of financial administration and experience of a similar role in a complex organisation • Excellent understanding with accounting IT packages and systems
• Intermediate to advanced level Excel experience
• Experience of systems development
• Excellent negotiation, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of budget planning, forecasting, and monitoring and financial accountancy processes
The successful applicant will receive a competitive salary and excellent staff benefits, including 33 days’ annual leave (plus 3 additional days for the Christmas closure period).
Twenty2 recruitment is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency for this role