Nexford University is looking for a CFO to join our rapidly growing global team. This is an opportunity to join at a senior leadership level and help steer an organization that is using technology & education to positively impact the world. Nexford is committed to providing learners across the world with the skills they need regardless of one's physical location, race, gender or ethnicity.
We are looking for a strategic thinker who can partner with our CEO and the wider executive team as Nexford moves to scale up stage.
The CFO will lead in building a culture of financial responsibility, accountability and awareness across the organization. Nexford is a startup while also being a regulated higher education institution, we are looking for a CFO with the agility to address organizational needs at both levels. Our team is diverse, multicultural and global, our learners come from +80 countries across the globe, and the ideal CFO will have relevant global experience.
Prior experience working with online start-ups is ESSENTIAL
for this role.
In this role, you will manage traditional accounting and finance responsibilities but more importantly will partner with various executives across the organization to develop meaningful and insightful reporting which informs decision-making. You will need to build an in-depth understanding of the business, its operations, and its unique business model and think beyond the traditional accounting scope.Key
The ideal candidate:
- Ownership of financial reporting and analysis for internal stakeholders as well as the board and shareholders
- Produce insightful analysis and reporting on unit economic and operational performance
- Implementing fiscally responsible decision-making processes
- Partnering with other execs to evaluate ROI of their projects
- Manage vendor relations and work with them to achieve favorable commercial terms
- Manage all aspects of tax filings and reporting in the U & UK - in collaboration with 3rd party vendors as needed
- Lead on the deployment of tools to automate finance processes and increase efficiency, in partnership with tech and product team
- Review and ensure GAAP & IFRS compliance on an ongoing basis
- Partner with CEO on future fundraising efforts
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Professional Qualification is a big plus
- Start-up experience REQUIRED
- 8-10 years of Financial Reporting and Analysis, Accounting, and Audit experience
- Experience working at an organization with international revenue
- Experience in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) is a must
- Experience working in an international, start-up organization, preferred
- Strong command of software tools and tech-savvy to work with new and modern tools
Compensation and Benefits:
- Expert knowledge of either IFRS and some knowledge of GAAP
- A proven problem solver not afraid to tackle major challenges
- Dynamic personality, responsive, flexible, comfortable with frequent change
- Excellent attention to detail
- Innovative and progressive mindset
- High level of integrity, commitment, work ethic, and values
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and lead others through change and new strategic initiatives
- Effective presentation & storytelling skills - translating numbers into insights
- Excellent Excel skills (Advanced with familiarity in using Analytical tools)
About Nexford University
- Work at a company with a social mission where you can make a real difference in the world
- 20 days paid vacation
- 12 paid days professional development time off, post-probation
- 50% discounted tuition on all Nexford courses for your immediate family
- 100% remote work
- An entrepreneurial and highly stimulating environment
- Contemporary collaboration tools
- An environment where you will be technically and intellectually challenged
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning from Day 1
Nexford University is a next-generation university based in Washington DC offering a competency-based learning model. Nexford’s mission is to enable greater social and economic mobility by providing an affordable high-quality education that will positively impact millions of lives around the world.
Nexford offers the following degrees and certificates: Associate of Applied Science in Business (AAS), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), MBA, nine undergraduate certificates and three graduate certificates in the field of business. Nexford provides learners with a fully online global education based on mastery of competencies relevant in the workplace. A global team of faculty and advisors support learning and professional success through the innovative use of technology, such as AI and machine learning.
We believe that a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive institution is a more innovative and successful one and, at Nexford University, we strive to build teams and foster a work environment that reflects our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion. As part of this commitment, we recognize that an individual’s value and contributions extend beyond just technical skills. If your experience is close to what you see listed, please consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills-when coupled with passion, curiosity, and a can-do attitude-are keys to excellence; therefore, we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
For more information, visit www.nexford.org.