We are currently looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our busy team in Loughborough.
We are looking to recruit a highly organised and meticulous individual for the role of Accounts Assistant in our Finance department.Contract: 6 months FTCHours of Work:
Full time hours (37.5 hours a week), there is no Hybrid working after 6 months' probation. Some flexibility to start between 8:00am – 10:00am, however 7.5 hours required in a day.Accounts Assistant Duties:
Accounts Assistant Requirements:
- Accurately recording and maintaining transactions on the accounting system ensuring that invoices match against associated purchase orders and GRNs whilst ensuring approvals are received in line with the Delegation of Authorities.
- Completing regular supplier statement reconciliations, ensuring that Supplier accounts accurately reflect real time information and that all variances are resolved in an efficient manner.
- Prepare twice monthly payment runs ready for approval by the Financial Accountant, including verifying supplier bank details and sending remittance advices once authorised.
- Maintenance of the shared accounts inbox ensuring that emails are actioned within a timely manner and any issues are escalated to senior finance members as required.
- Ensuring compliance with Transactional Finance KPIs.
- Provide ad-hoc support and holiday cover for credit control, including resolving customer queries and chasing outstanding amounts due.
- Assist with any month end or other ad-hod tasks as requested by senior finance team members.
Accounts Assistant Benefits:
- You will have had accounting/ledger experience in a previous role
- Great communication, and organisational skills with high standards of accuracy and precision
- Have experience using accounting packages and to have a relevant qualification or to be studying towards a qualification.
- Strong Excel skills and a positive can-do attitude are essential
About the Company:
- Award-winning Private Healthcare and Medical Cash Back scheme.
- GP Online service which provides 24 -hour GP consultation and access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Life Assurance cover of 4 x annual salary.
- Income protection cover.
- Participation in an excellent Profit Share scheme.
- Access to our generous matching Pension scheme.
- 24 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays and ‘Birthday' Holiday.
- Learning and Development opportunities.
- Excellent opportunities for progression.
- Fantastic Company events and celebrations throughout the year.
- Free parking, tea and coffee.
Morningside Pharmaceuticals is a leading manufacturer, wholesaler and exporter of branded and generic medicines and healthcare products worldwide. We are proud to be a key manufacturer of medicines, supplying to the NHS, retail pharmacy sector and international markets, as well as being the UK's trusted supplier to Aid Agencies and NGOs. If you think you are suitable for this Accounts Assistant role, please apply now!