A leading energy company are looking to hire within their trading finance team based in London.
Reed Finance are supporting this company with the recruitment of a recently qualified Trading Accountant into the team to ensure the correct accounting treatment is in place to allow for flawless daily operations of all trading accounting.
This role will be working with numerous departments across the business working with them on all financial activities as well as being involved in setting up the required systems and processes and ensuring compliance international and local accounting standards.
This role requires a recently qualified Accountant who has trained in a Top 20 practice (ACA qualified or equivalent) with experience working with organisations within the energy or oil & gas sector. Day to Day Responsibilities of this Trading Accountant role:
Required Skills & Qualifications for this Trading Accountant role:
- Ensure the correct accounting treatment and posting of business transactions in accordance with IFRS and local GAAPs
- Preparation of financial statements to local GAAP and ensure correct treatment under IFRS and local GAAP of oil and product storage quantities and values
- Correct and timely submission of monthly and quarterly reports in line with IFRS onto relevant reporting systems (SAP, Hyperion HFM)
- Monthly reconciliation of all balances posted between SAP, Endur and SAP-MM and check foreign exchange valuations
- Primary contact for auditors on all topics for relevant legal entity
- Intrastat returns, autonomous entry and filing of relevant local reportings
- Point of contact for all trading and regular accounting topics and crude oil invoices for entity
- Continually evaluating procedures to ensure they are most effective and meet changing business and legal requirements
- Entire handling of physical and financial operations for purchases, sales and storage of crude oil and of material management for stored crude oil and products
- Coaching of and backup for colleagues in day to day and special project tasks
- Ensure correct and timely reporting to group consolidation department and for open derivates within the operative trading system
Benefits that come with this Trading Accountant role:
- Must be a qualified Accountant from a Top 20 practice (ACA or equivalent)
- University Bachelor degree in a relevant subject
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience
- Experience working within trade accounting or middle office environment
- Must understand oil and gas value chain, derivative trading instruments and relevant IFRS accounting standards
- Experience working with ETRM systems and SAP
- Great attention to detail with strong time management and excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Capable of working well in a team environment and accurately under tight deadlines
- Strong Excel skills
- Hybrid working (3 days in the office/2 days WFH)
- Discretionary bonus up to 20%
- Enhanced pension
- Private Healthcare
- Travel allowance
If you are a qualified Accountant who trained in practice with experience auditing energy trading or commodities trading firms and are looking to further your career in this industry, then do not hesitate to click apply above for this role.