Senior Payroll OfficerWHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Our mission at the Talenza Group is to do things differently. To that end, we've identified the need to elevate our candidate, client and employee experience because like you - we want to do better.
Talenza is an award winning technology, digital and business transformation recruitment agency. We connect innovative organisations with the boldest and brightest talent across Australia. Our team deliver a truly specialist and tailored solution, providing high performing talent acquisition solutions all the way up to board level. Our vision and values underpin who we are, not only as a business, but as people.
We are committed to delivering real value and forging true partnerships with our clients and candidates.
Talenza isn't a company resting on its laurels, we are bold enough to put a new idea on the table and our fail-fast policy allows us to test and improve time and time again.
We are equal parts heart and grit. Underpinning everything we do are our values - get it done, be genuine, true partner and take the initiative.
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Officer to assist in the implementation and roll out of an exciting payroll project, then take ownership of the end to end contractor payroll function for 500+ contractors.
As Senior Payroll Officer, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside the Head of Finance and bring this exciting project to life, paving the way for an exceptional customer experience!
This is a newly created role so it is a great opportunity to really shape the Payroll function within the Talenza Group. ABOUT YOU
You're organised, your attention to detail is unparalleled and you're a first class communicator!
You are passionate about payroll and the customer experience. You might also love a spreadsheet or two? The thought of a project excites you and you know when you need to roll up your sleeves and when status-quo isn't ok and you need to change it.
Above all you want to work in a team of people who want to build something special that you can be proud of. ABOUT OUR PAY AND BENEFITS
The perks -
An unrivalled culture (seriously!)
Amazing office with a lounge, golf lawn & incredible harbour views
Scaling annual leave policy, get rewarded for your service!
Paid maternity/paternity leave
Monthly team lunch, for everyone
Full training and development programs
Clear progression paths and career development
☕ Work from home
Team outings (SO many team outings)
Dedicated marketing team
Fun is our middle name at Talenza Group and it's one of our unique perks! Whether you're working in our office with views of Circular Quay or remotely from home, we are a highly collaborative group that take care of our people. From team lunches, a break for a game of futsal or experiencing Jon's rendition of a Tom Jones classic on a monthly wrap call, wherever you are you will always feel our collective energy and know you're a part of the team. To support you at work (and play) we offer perks like flexible working options and lots more. It's no wonder our company was Great Place to Work certified last year! In this role you will get to:
On your first day, we will expect you have:
- Be apart of the implementation of a new end to end contractor payroll system
- Run parallel runs, data cleansing, setting up systems etc
- Manage the fortnightly and monthly payroll of 500+ contractors, including both PAYG and ABN
- Ownership of the timesheet to bill systems with various 3rd party providers
- Manage RCTI Payments
- Process contractor expenses in a timely manner
- Calculate and process all statutory obligations accurately and efficiently ie Super and PRT
- Ownership of balance sheet reconciliation of all payroll related GL accounts
- Supporting the team with initiatives to improve internal systems and process efficiencies
- Creating process documentation for the function
- Working with various stakeholders within the business
- First point of contact for any payroll related queries
- Significant experience in an end to end contractor payroll role, or similar (4+ years)
- Excellent understanding of timesheet to bill, WHS, and statutory obligations
- High volume transaction experience
- Experience with Recruitment Payroll systems and Xero
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the recruitment space and Bullhorn would be advantageous
- Been involved in a payroll implementation before? Amazing!
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity. We encourage anyone who thinks they can bring diversity of thought to our organization to apply.