Big things are happening at Topps Tiles. As Britain's largest specialist tile retailer, selling only the very best quality on-trend products, £1 of every £3 spent in the UK domestic tile market is spent with us. We've got 300 stores and have just hit record sales of £223m. And we're as big on career opportunities as we are on outstanding service and great value. After all, it's brilliant, friendly, knowledgeable people that make us special. Right now we're on a journey of exciting growth, as we build on seven consecutive years of success - there's never been a better time to join the Topps Tiles family.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join our team! In this role you will work with the Senior Property and Projects Accountant and the rest of the finance team to ensure that key aspects of the company's financial accounting processes are appropriately administered and information is available in a timely fashion., Key Accountabilities Customer / Strategy / Plan
Financial / Commercials
- Assisting with IFRS16 Lease Accounting processes, including liaison with property function to ensure timely updates of our property management software (MRI Horizon).
- Support rent and rates accounting.
- Support other utilities accounting.
- Credit card user administration and support.
- Support the Senior Property and Projects Accountant and Financial Controller with miscellaneous reporting and various other financial activities as required.
Risk and process
- Work with external auditors to ensure robust group and subsidiary statutory accounts are produced within the required timescales.
- Assist with the monthly review of your owned Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss areas.
- Help to ensure that the Senior Property and Projects Accountant and Financial Controller are well informed of the company's financial position.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required: Essential
- Ensure appropriate processes exist within the finance team to identify key areas of risk and agree with the Senior Property and Projects Accountant appropriate plans to manage those risks.
- Work with auditors and external parties to ensure that core accounting controls are appropriate and consistently implemented.
- Part qualified accountant.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge.
- Good communication skills.
- Competent in the use of Excel, including the use of formulas and pivot tables (VLOOKUP, SUMIF, IFERROR).
In a culture where hard work is recognised and great results are rewarded, you can look forward to a company bonus that will give you a share of our success - up to 20% of your base salary. Then there's a generous staff discount, a Share Save scheme, pension and life assurance, a holiday allowance that increases with length of service and a wide range of other benefits. Plus flexible working, free on-site parking, generous discounts on products and services and more. A lot more. We're committed to promoting talent from within too, which means you'll be well-supported to build a rewarding career with an individual development plan and lots of training on offer.
Tuesday 28 February 2023