Senior Finance Manager | 60-70k | West Kent / Hybrid
Cobb & Jones Recruitment are partnering with a hugely successful services business in Kent to appoint an experienced Senior Group Accountant. Working closely with the Group FC, the Senior Group Accountant will oversee a small team and will coordinate the Group Finance and Treasury Functions for the Group. The team are responsible for the Management Accounts, consolidation, and reporting of the group accounts along with taxation, bank administration and cashflow management.Key Areas of Responsibility:
Candidate Profile & Experience
- Responsibility for the Group Finance and Treasury teams. Leadership and development of direct reports.
- Coordination of the financial audit and interim audits for the group as required, review of statutory accounts.
- Preparation of consolidation group reporting to all stake holders including senior Management
- Accountability for accounting and budgeting for central group functions.
- Ensuring adherence to accounting policy at all times and promoting consistency across all areas of the group.
- Responsibility for communication and education across the finance teams in respect of changes to accounting policies, regulations etc. as relevant to the business.
- Review of financial data for new group acquisitions and integration of relevant data into the accounting system.
- Support with the management of the group chart of accounts, accounting system configuration and month/year end close process.
- Responsibility for fixed asset accounting & policy, capex monitoring and reporting.
- Ongoing responsibility for group VAT process, and quarterly reviews, identifying risks and opportunities which arise in relation to VAT and implementing changes to financial systems and processes to ensure best practice across the group.
- Key contact for Corporation Tax for all group companies, responsible for ensuring corporation tax payments are made in a timely and accurate manner, liaison with external and internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring the group makes best use of new tax initiatives available and that the group is fully compliant with current tax laws and regulations.
- Support the preparation of group cash strategy, working with other finance teams to maximise working capital, develop best practice cashflow reporting to support business development planning.
- Developing the Treasury team and their processes to cover all aspects of banking, cash management and client money administration.
- Appropriate Accounting qualification, preferably ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent with at least 3 years PQE.
- Strong financial reporting skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Have a keen eye for detail with proven technical and commercial awareness
- Organised and structured, ensuring all deadline are met
- Experience of leading teams of finance professionals of varying experience
- Being flexible, innovative, and adaptable at work in order to meet competing priorities
- Experience in both financial and management accounting roles essential.
- Involvement in group accounting and consolidation of complex groups.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice in relation to cash management and taxation.
- Experience of working in a fast paced and evolving team environment, private equity an advantage.