At ALM, we supply every corner of our nation, but we still know how to keep it local. With tailored support for almost 2,700 stores and over 12,000 partners and customers, we're Australia and New Zealand's leading supplier of independent liquor retailers and the driving force behind wholesale and on-premises liquor distribution. And with some of the countries most loved independent brands like Cellarbrations, The Bottle-O and Thirsty Camel, we're giving local communities across the country something to celebrate. We've been honing our craft for almost 100 years, with a careful eye towards the future of the industry - so it's no surprise we know how to deliver the excitement our customers want and the support our retailers need.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the new position will play a key role to manage the offshore accounting team, completing end of month process and balance this includes responsibility for the preparation, analyzing and distribution of financial data and managing offshore accounting team, completing end of month process and balance sheet reconciliations.
This role will be on a 18 month fixed term contract initially and there will be an opportunity to be considered for an extension or permanent role.
What you'll do
• Reviewing of offshore team members' weekly/monthly reports and manual journals
• Preparation of Margin Reports and P&Ls
• Full ownership of balance sheet reconciliations, including but not limit to; On-time submission of all balance sheet reconciliations, Investigation of uncleared items, Preparation of documentation/SOP of each reconciliation process
• Ad hoc tasks sent by commercial teams and cross pillars
What you'll bring
• Relevant Tertiary qualification in accountancy
• Strong experience in roles relevant to this position
• Ability to maintain accuracy, with exceptional attention to detail and analytical mindset
• Prefer experience in a complex business environment with intercompany transactions and multiple system interfaces
• Worked with large ERP systems - Microsoft 365 would be highly desirable
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Demonstrated experience in Power BI and data visualisation
• Flexible, collaborative approach to working with broad cross-functional teams
What we can offer you
• Flexible work arrangements - flexibility is in our DNA, so we blend working from anywhere with time in the office
• Free on-site parking and access to public transport
• An extra week of annual leave after your first year as part of our Fifth Week program
• Great corporate benefits including retail discounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), wellbeing days and much more.
• Ongoing career development opportunities and take part in some amazing training courses.
• A proven diverse and inclusive workplace environment that rewards people purely on their values, engagement, and performance.
We're all about celebrating success, and we're proud to be a WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, an accredited Flex Ready workplace and a Gold Standard Mental Health First Aid skilled workplace.
So, roll up your sleeves and bring your best self to work, and we'll give you the support you need to develop a rewarding career and make your mark on the future of retail.
Make your Mark!