twentysix is a leading digital agency that develops digital platforms and marketing that drives business change and performance. Connected by data, insight and strategy, we specialise in user experience (UX), development and performance marketing.
We have over 150 digital specialists working with us across Leeds and London, and our clients include the likes of Arla, P&G, Fortnum & Mason and Corinthia Hotels, to name a few.
We are looking for a Revenue accountant to join our Finance Team. This role will support the Financial Controller, CEO and Client Services Team, and will be the main link between finance and the client services team, but will also work with the Project Managers, Operations and Media teams.
Based in our Leeds office (hybrid working) that offers inspiring state of the art working environment and facilities, along withsupport and focused learning and development opportunities surrounded by experts, you can build and excel within your career. WHAT YOULL BE DOING
WHAT WE NEED Skills Required
- Be proactive in developing new processes and reporting for client services revenue, increasing accuracy whilst driving business wide efficiencies.
- Management and responsibility of all revenue recognition, WIP, expense recharges to expected company performance and relevant KPIs.
- Regular checking and reconciliation of billing schedules, Power BI reporting, revenue allocation, Job Numbers, POs and revenue recognition against IFRS15 standards.
- Maintain Media billing schedules correct revenue recognition, correct accrued/deferred income, correct WIP and COSA balances in line with company periods and client periods and provide reconciliations of these on a monthly basis.
- Regular checking of client contracts, SOWs and work completed against these.
- Ensure the roles and finance department monthly KPIs are met
- Keep the Finance Director aware of all revenue information, opportunities, current or potential issues and identify opportunities for improvement of processes that could contribute to improvement of revenue, efficiency and margins.
- Work with the Financial Controller and Transaction Manager effectively ensuring the finance team operates effectively and to high standards at all times.
- Attends weekly client services billing sessions
- Develop CS finance reporting to enable greater visibility of information and easier auditing.
- Attends weekly operations meeting for revenue recognition purposes
- Work with client services tea, to meet accrued income and debtors KPIs.
- Ensures correctly recognised accrued income, deferred income and client rebate provisions.
- Assist the business development and client services teams with tender and supplier requests where necessary.
- Proactive development of Power BI reporting, Paprika/Smartsheets reporting and upgrading in conjunction with the Financial Controller and Transaction Manager.
- Training of all new and existing client services on Paprika, billing, Contract repository, Power Bi report information in conjunction with the Financial Controller and Sales ledger team.
- First point of contact for all revenue queries.
- Support all month-end and year-end close processes in line with deadlines.
- Help with external Auditor preparation of information and any requirements
- Ensure quality control and integrity over financial transactions, processes and reporting
- Proactively work with department Directors and Heads to improve reporting and financial operations
- Strives to build strong and effective working relationships between the Finance Department and the rest of the Agency Departments
- To support the agency in its delivery of ISO27001, including where applicable additional responsibilities for ISO asset owners (informed separately).
- Keen eye for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills and confidence working with detailed spreadsheet models.
- Strong Analytical Skills and the ability to work with large volumes of data.
- Advanced Excel Skills or Intermediate with ability to learn new techniques quickly.
- CIMA Qualified/Part Qualified working towards final exams.
- Knowledge of accruals
- Knowledge of revenue recognition
- Ability to communicate effectively with various internal stakeholders.
WHAT YOULL GET IN RETURN
- Basic FP&A experience - Financial modelling
- Use of Power Query and Power Bi
- Basic use of macros
- Successful process improvement
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Annual bonus
- Career development
- Training and professional development
- Outstanding private healthcare package for you and your family
- Enhanced holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Quarterly staff benefits
- Weekly sweets, beer and snacks
- Social events a-plenty
- £1000 direct application bonus* (when quoting code DAF21/22).
*By applying direct you will qualify for a bonus of up to £1000 (dependent on level of position) when you pass your probation. To qualify for this, you must include the code DAF21/22 in your covering letter.
We welcome applications from previous candidates and pride ourselves of on our values with equality at the core. We do this by hiring and developing a diverse mix of talented people that contribute to our success. Creating a culture of equality isnt just the right thing to do, its also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
If you require any of this information or an application form in an alternative format, or you would simply like to discuss the role, please contact our Talent Manager, Alexis Beach Polite notice to recruitment professionals
Please do not contact usregarding this role. While we respect that many companies do need recruitment agencies, we do not at the moment, and we are happiest recruiting for ourselves. Any resume submitted to us before any agreement with us will be deemed the sole property of twentysix, and in the event of a candidate being hired outside of an agreement, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.