Reporting to the Head of Business Products, the Manager Business Credit Risk Strategy will oversee and manage inherent credit risk within the Business Banking Lending portfolio.
Partnering with the Head of Business Products as well as working closely with the Credit Risk Team, you will develop and articulate the Business Banking credit risk strategy. Leveraging your experience and knowledge of existing Bank credit risk framework, you'll develop an appropriate asset writing strategy for each of the core areas of Business Banking. In addition, the role will provide specialist advice to the broader Business Banking team on the use and application of Bank credit policies and recommend enhancements where appropriate.What you'll do
What you'll bring
- Dynamically manage and update the asset writing strategy for each of the core functions across Business Banking comprising Agribusiness, Commercial Real Estate, and Commercial/Small Business.
- Monitor and report on key areas of concentration risk within the Business Banking portfolios, including but not limited to, industry/segment, geography, channel, policy exceptions, etc.
- In conjunction with the Head of Business Products and Business Product Leadership Team (BPLT), responsible for articulating and embedding the business credit risk strategy.
- Responsible for providing specialist advice around credit policy and ensuring that existing policies are appropriate to strike the right balance between commercial outcomes and managing credit risk within the portfolio.
- Manage model governance requirements with respect to any models used across Business Banking (e.g. Capacity to Repay).
- Actively collaborate with peers within Business Products (particularly with Manager Business Lending Product) and across the Business Banking division to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Development of ongoing portfolio credit quality reporting (stock and flow).
- Implement and drive strategies that improve application conversion and time to decision.
- Lead credit-related forums to ensure alignment of understanding and application of key credit decisions.
- Minimum 10 years' banking industry experience.
- Tertiary qualification in a finance related discipline is highly desirable but not mandatory.
- 5-10 years of technical expertise in the area of Business Banking (exercising of a substantial Delegated Credit Authority is highly desirable).
- Experience developing, coaching and engaging technical professionals.
- Exceptional technical subject matter expertise with respect to business lending, including an ability to assess fundamental inherent risks in a wide range of relevant industries and sectors.
- Strong leadership skills and passion to develop others. Ability to manage, coach and develop technical professionals.
- Ability to use interpersonal style to establish and develop relationships. A proven ability to collaborate effectively across the organisation.
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone is able to be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
For further information please contact Alice Bell in recruitment.