Trading Operations Analyst
£55k DOE Based: London Permanent - Hybrid working
This role sits within a global team which provides trade processing and account reconciliation services to the group's Investment Division
The team are responsible for trade capture, delivery, settlement, and reporting for securities traded globally. They work closely with portfolio managers, analysts, and traders to deliver reliable operational support.
This position will be based within the EMEA Investment Operations Team in London and provide settlements coverage for all globally traded Equity and Fixed Income trades. Your key responsibilities in this Trade Analyst role will include:
Your key skills and experiences for this role will include:
- Provide Trade support (equity / fixed income) including Trade capture, matching, trade settlement and confirmation.
- Work closely with the Portfolio Managers, Trades, Compliance, and other internal teams to provide adequate support on trade related matters.
- Liaise with external counterparties, third-party service provides to source underlying asset data.
- Utilise manager / custodian website to monitor client transactions and Assist with the handling of corporate actions.
- Manage trade breaks, settlements issues, Broker fee reconciliation.
- University undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification / equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of the securities/fund industry as well as investment concepts and strategies
- Familiarity with custodian, broker, and money manager operations
- Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Excel and comfort with database applications. Knowledge of SQL and VBA code a plus but not required
- Ability to identify potential issues and promote efficient resolution. Set and pursue goals and demonstrate a commitment to organisational success
- Required experience in a Trade Support function role
- Good Knowledge of Trade life cycle for Equities and Fixed Income markets.
- Working knowledge of reconciliations, controls, and settlements
- Previous investment operations experience within a Back Office or Middle Office of Asset Management Firm or Buy side is preferred