Credit Risk Model Validation Managers
Hybrid available. 1 – 2 days in the office – main hubs are Leeds, London, Cardiff & Edinburgh.
to £90,000 (dol) + bonus (to 30%), pension (to 15%), healthcare, shares etc...
This is a superb opportunity to develop areas of knowledge relating to the Group’s modelling capability and build a strong network of contacts.
• Lead independent reviews of all aspects of Group models, including new developments, model changes, periodic validations and ongoing monitoring
• Independent Validation (partial or complete recoding, development or building of challenger models)
• Independent review and challenge of model developments (data profiling, selection, validation, back-testing, stress testing and model documentation)
• Detailed evaluation of models, including their: design, calibration and validation, operation, usage, reporting, and governance
• Documentation of validation findings, providing insight and evaluation of weaknesses and making recommendations for improvements
• Presentation of independent model review to Model Governance Committee or Personal Approver
• Maintain knowledge of model risk and regulatory requirements and standards pertaining to risk models
• Engagement with senior colleagues across the Group to manage relationships, influence decision makers and challenge constructively at a senior level
What we’re looking for.
• You'll be highly numerate, with at least a degree level qualification covering quantitative content or equivalent skills derived from experience
• Model build experience and/or independent validation within a financial services organisation, using C/C++, R, Python or SAS
• Ability to utilise experience and knowledge to make sound model judgements, taking into account model performance, regulation and wider considerations such as complexity vs benefit and short vs long term trade-offs
• A sound and up-to-date understanding of modelling and validation techniques, governance, model documentation and relevant regulation, including any changes that may impact the Group
• Effective relationship management, delivering successful business partnering whereby constructive challenge is undertaken in a timely and orderly fashion
• Ability to communicate and influence on sophisticated issues, verbally and in writing (including model documentation), across all key partner groups
• Track record of effective delivery and overcoming challenges to deliver business results