Ref: EDH 14329 VAT Manager Exeter £30,000 - £45,000
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced VAT Manager to join one of the Southwest's leading accountancy practices based out of their Exeter office. You will offer VAT technical support to the wider team alongside the client portfolio. You will be responsible for developing the VAT function both internally and externally.
- Full process responsibility for complex VAT returns including partial exemption calculations; including reviewing clients' return calculations
- Full process responsibility VAT documentation required in connection with a client's international trade activities.
- Assisting Audit team with the VAT involved.
- Reviewing VAT registrations as required and overseeing the successful completion of the application process.
- Liaising with HMRC as necessary.
- Significant and varied PQE across the VAT/Indirect tax discipline.
- Full AAT/ ATT qualification or a VAT specific qualification (VAT Compliance Diploma, for example)
- Computer literate including proficiency in MS Office suite and accounting packages.
- Accurate, organised and able to work to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills via all methods both internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, building relationships with clients and with the wider team.
- Proactive and confident with the day-to-day role, prioritising workload to meet strict deadlines.
The client offers a generous and extensive employee benefits package including but not limited to bonuses, increasing holiday allowances, healthcare, and frequent social events.
If your skillset mirrors the requirements of this position and you would like a confidential discussion to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Emma Dudley-Hammatt at Lloyd Barnes Accountancy Recruitment.