UK-GB-London-LondonJob Type:Permanent/RegularPosting Range:13 Jan 2023 - 27 Jan 2023Currency : Pound Sterling (GBP)Description
Omni-Channel Analytics Director, Barclays UK
London / Northampton / Glasgow
About the Advanced Analytics Centre of Excellence
We exist to harness the power of our data to build a better bank, using advanced analytics, to drive the performance of the bank, enabling smarter, faster, and more proactive decision making, and using information to transform the lives of our customers, colleagues, and the communities we live in, whilst protecting the sustainable advantage our data creates
What will you be doing
• As an Analytics Director, the role holder will be directly accountable for driving the analytics agenda, transforming the way we understand and support our customers, and in doing so transforming the fortunes of the business by delivering ground-breaking sustainable and scalable analytics that better explain, detect, and predict customer needs, earlier and faster than anyone else.
• The role will require and involve the use of standard, as well as advanced analytics techniques, including the use of machine learning model development, to support commercial objectives and optimise customer experiences.
• Through your team, you will drive the advanced analytics agenda, being transformational with the use of cutting-edge analytics techniques that are so useful, insightful, and timely - that Customers can’t do without them, and we become trusted for looking after both our customer’s data and their money.
• You will be a thought leader in the field of analytics in order to make numerous, frequent, and complex business decisions to drive the business and deliver on the immediate and future goals of the business. You can manage teams both onsite and offsite. People will trust you for your decision making, for your experience and you can communicate technical solutions effectively to both technical and non-technical users.
• There will be a strong need to both construct and communicate both the vision and future growth opportunities of analytics and be able to clearly articulate to both technical and non-technical senior stakeholders. In order to receive both support and funding to realise the potential value of that vision, you will need to show drive, passion, and a commercial acumen to win the hearts and minds of key decision makes within BUK.
• Key to your success will be the development of a strong, trusted, and collaborative working relationship with colleagues in the Analytics teams across the Advanced Analytics Centre of Excellence, your business partners in Shared Technology, Product, and Customer as well as our control partners.
• You will lead and encourage your teams to be both respective and positively interact with our partners and counterparts, sharing best practice, celebrating successes jointly, and deal with inevitable setbacks and complexities in a collaborative manner, operating with a single team mentality.
• Your team will ensure that all data related activities and duties they undertake are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards. In your position, both you and your team will have access to commercial sensitive customer data, you will lead from the front in a stewardship role for the protection of customer data both within when sending around the Barclays group, applying strict adherence to SRP rules, as well any data sent externally.
What we’re looking for
• Extensive experience driving commercial value and impact across financial or non-financial business sectors and industries, in addition to also having very strong experience of financial services products
• Comprehensive understanding of creating and deploying analytical outputs e.g., ML models and Data Assets
• Understanding of best-in-class visualisation tools and how these can be best leverage to derive insights
• Experience of building and leading teams of technical analysts in a global, matrix environment across multiple locations
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and can clearly articulate complex concepts and ideas
• Ability to set the direction and deliver on a vision with forward planning to achieve results
• Technical knowledge of big data platforms (e.g., Hadoop and Hive) as well as knowledge of ML, Data science and advanced modelling techniques, technologies, and programming languages
• Possess a high degree of self-motivation, the ability to drive for results, and track record of setting and achieving goals and meeting schedules
• Project management experience
• Able to create a vision for the analytical team, develop a followship and drive engagement amongst colleagues working on their agenda
• Strong leadership and proactive willingness to challenge the status quo to ensure the best long-term interest of the Bank’s customers are at the forefront of decisions.
• Demonstrably act as one of BUKs thought leader (internally and externally) and acknowledged analytics experts acting as an Advisor on analytics to the Head of Advanced Analytics and members of BUK ExCo with the ability to challenge the BUK senior leadership including Executive Committee Members on commercial value capture opportunities
Skills that will help you in your role
• Experience of working in a large corporate organisation ideally in the Financial Services industry
• Knowledge of technology infrastructure, or knowledge of data warehouse and MI environments and practises
• Experience in any of the following analytical areas: Targeting or Segmentation, Pricing, Remediation, Securitisation, or Affordability.
Where will you be working
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within or at one of our UK hubs in Northampton or Glasgow.