We are thrilled to be seeking a brand new Group Reporting Accountant to join our business-critical Finance Department.
We know what kind of people we want in our team and our next Group Reporting Accountant should be someone with a credible knowledge of the issues facing the business on a day-to-day basis and in the longer term.
Taking up this newly formed position, you should be able to pro-actively develop and improve business processes whilst maintaining the Company's professional image as well as able to provide clear communications between all parts of the business and will be forward looking in anticipating future challenges and opportunities and respond to these with effective reporting.
All we ask is you have the following:
- A collaborative people-person who can build trusted relationships with finance and non-finance colleagues alike
- Ability to communicate with all stakeholders and members of the organisation (finance and non-finance).
- Proven production of Audited statutory accounts or external reporting, board level papers.
- Ability to prioritise, work and meet tight deadlines and manage expectations.
- Comfortable working in a matrix structure, independently and as part of a wider team.
- Eye for detail and happy to roll your sleeves up
- Ability to maintain focus under pressure and takes ownership of their work
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience of acquisition and group accounting as well as experience of International Financial Reporting Standards
This is a fantastic opportunity to leap into your latest career challenge, applying your industry knowledge to provide crucial support whilst recognizing your own contribution to our success as a vital part of our Financial Reporting Team.
Paying a salary circa £45,000 per annum Plus access to our annual STIP (annual company-wide bonus) scheme with an additional 5% of your salary 33 days annual leave including bank holidays Plus an additional day off for your Birthday Plus an additional two volunteering days per year A flexible hybrid-working policy An enhanced maternity and paternity policy Un-rivalled personal development Study support for additional qualifications, courses and accreditations Numerous dedicated wellbeing initiatives On-site gym at our Chester HQ Regular social events including our infamous bring your dog to work day! Unique company culture within our fantastic team!We are excited to be welcoming our newest key driver to our industry-leading team!
...with aspirations of being the UK's number one holiday rental agency, we are experiencing a surge in bookings following a staycation boom meaning we are busier than ever, reaching record numbers for bookings and expanding our team with the best and brightest local talent to continue our success!
As our newest Group Reporting Accountant, you will work closely alongside our Group Reporting Manager to ensure internal and external reporting is provided on time, to a high standard and in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards! Taking up this brand new position within our Group Finance Team, you will work collaboratively with our wider Financial Teams, responsible for the Specialist Operator, UK Agency, Caravans and International Divisions within the wider Sykes Cottages group